The angel thread to end all angel threads: all owners of angelfish in reefs respond!!

The Poma Labs bluelines came in around 1 & 1.5 inch. The larger one ripped the tail fin up on the smaller one. It is funny that since they have the egg crate between them they both keep running to the crate to look at each other and displaying for each. Their blue lines really brighten up when doing this. After a few days apart the smaller ones tail has healed back together. I still haven't seen them eat anything that I put in the tank, but their bellies are full from whatever they are finding in the tank. Just like Ted suggested, in a couple days I will put them back together and let them work it out. These two photos are from Poma Labs and used with their Permission.

Attachments

• E1A8C386-4CC2-46CC-8D7C-E30277EA8F33.jpg
    E1A8C386-4CC2-46CC-8D7C-E30277EA8F33.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 468D357C-BE38-453B-BEFC-C4E0C326C93C.jpg
    468D357C-BE38-453B-BEFC-C4E0C326C93C.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 4
Great!!! I was hoping this thread would become more active....I just added a month ago a captive bred Singapore Angel.... absolutely is doing better great...here are some pics of the little guy...eats Mysis like a champ...and nori from my grazer.....

e8bc7643ac1b2bdc2f586a4a71b623f3.jpg
6db79eab69653c706676782352557360.jpg
8bda4716971cae84f0f1912c0ef57bec.jpg

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
How is she doing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Poma Labs bluelines came in around 1 & 1.5 inch. The larger one ripped the tail fin up on the smaller one. It is funny that since they have the egg crate between them they both keep running to the crate to look at each other and displaying for each. Their blue lines really brighten up when doing this. After a few days apart the smaller ones tail has healed back together. I still haven't seen them eat anything that I put in the tank, but their bellies are full from whatever they are finding in the tank. Just like Ted suggested, in a couple days I will put them back together and let them work it out. These two photos are from Poma Labs and used with their Permission.
They are so darn adorable! Update

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Regal Angelfish - some new experience with Regal after a long time in the tank. Older and larger fish. Acroporas is safe? Thank you

Regal Angelfish - some new experience with Regal after a long time in the tank. Older and larger fish. Acroporas is safe? Thank you

My Regal Angels have not touched clams or any Acros. With other corals it has been hit or miss. Soft corals like Nephthia have gradually disappeared but Ricordea seem to go untouched. The following LPS seem to survive: Hammers, Grapes, Duncan, and Blastos, This is just my experience with my two Regal Angels and I know others will have different experiences.

Thank you for answer.

I have a lot of corals in the aquarium - SPS Acroporas and LPS (Euphyllia, Scolymia, Catalphyllia, Goniopora, .........) and one fish shop says Regal is safe for LPS and second shop says very danger for LPS. I know each fish is different, but I wanted some opinion from long time owners;)

Hello
I would like To put in my tank IMPERATOR and SEMICIRCULATUS Juvanile both together.

Someone that have both? Any issue?

I’ve Reef tank full SPS, but i want To know If They can be aggressive about them.....

I have a Koran and bicolor in the 240. A coral beauty and rusty in the 180. They have been in there a few years now. The Koran is as big as a dinner plate.

Back