The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a BM160 in my sump. Does the Water Output Drain Tube need to be above the water level in the sump? I have the drain tube under the water level now and the bubble level will fluctuate sometime causing the collection cup to overflow overnight.

I have a BM160 in my sump. Does the Water Output Drain Tube need to be above the water level in the sump? I have the drain tube under the water level now and the bubble level will fluctuate sometime causing the collection cup to overflow overnight.

Yeah it does. I had the same problem with my Deltec ap850 so just raised it up and it was fine.

What is the height of the output tube? I want to use the skimmer external but my sump is pretty tall, and I won't have room in the stand to raise the skimmer if the output doesn't clear the sump.
Can someone measure the height of BM160 drain tube from the ground to the bottom of the tube?

What is the height of the output tube? I want to use the skimmer external but my sump is pretty tall, and I won't have room in the stand to raise the skimmer if the output doesn't clear the sump.
Can someone measure the height of BM160 drain tube from the ground to the bottom of the tube?

It's about the height of a 20gal Long tank, so about 12".

nac6

nac6

i just picked up my nac6 last week. got it for 125 picked up cause the boxed was damaged by customs upon inspection.. i like this skimmer very quiet this pic is day 1 3rd hour on 50 gallon total water volume

Attachments

• DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2
My BM260 with Photos

My BM260 with Photos

The box the skimmer was shipped in was little on the lightweight side, but did the job. The Octopus skimmers I received in a lot nicer box and packaging. The skimmer and pumps were packed with shipping peanuts and een though the skimmer had a plastic bag over they still seems to get in all the pipes. Here are a few pictures

4113513457_a602e7f505_b.jpg

4113513951_47bdbc61a3.jpg

Check out all the peanuts in the output pipe. They were fill in the entitre pipe.

4113514511_5321b8e346.jpg

hey there i suppose i am a member now,i received my NAC6 yesterday,set it up today and 6 hours later already had some gunk in the collection cup,i love how solid the collection cup is on these things!its in 9 in. of water,what did you guys run the air inlet on when it was breaking in?i have heard 2 and one third is the sweet spot but apparently mine doesn't have enough slime coat on it yet because it overflows rapidly into the cup..-Drew

WOW great thread! i am in the market for a new NAC-6 as well to fit into my 120G tank. i dont think i can fit any larger but wish i did. heres what i currently have:

120G
30G Wet-dry
HOB fluidized bed skimmer
18W Turbo twist UV (Coralife)
Coralife needle wheel skimmer

i am thinking about upgradig the Corlaife needle wheel to the Bubble-Magus Nac-6 that Cadlights is selling. what do you guys think? i heard some good reviews on this skimmer and i have bought lots of stuff from Cadlights, so i know they wont just sell any product without knowing its great.

heres the link to the skimmer i was looking at:
http://www.cadlights.com/product_inf...roducts_id=156

Thanks guys!
Conner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back