The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an older post where someone (GUILLO1) was using a ViaAqua 2600 with a Sedra 5000 pin wheel impeller. There was something in there about scraping out some plastic from the impeller chamber to make the needlewheel spin freely. Not sure where all of that finally turned out though, because I think they were still having problems...

I think they finally mesh modded one of the impellers, link is a page around here:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1335995&perpage=25&pagenumber=7

I have to presume if the aquabee was good for the BM 100, Chris would be shipping me one of those instead of the Atman, I presume it's too over powered.

I read the thread linked above, I believe the ViaAqua probably can work.
I'm holding off until I hear from Chris on the status of my new pump.
I'm REALLY hopeful he shipped it today.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13277137#post13277137 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dmorel
I have to presume if the aquabee was good for the BM 100, Chris would be shipping me one of those instead of the Atman, I presume it's too over powered.

Maybe not. Could be just a significant cost differential. A more powerful pump might also help with the sump water height requirement issue.

Just random thoughts.

Good thought Bruno I sent him an email but then I just got a note from him that new pumped shipped UPS ground today.
I'll get it probably this time next week :(

He says he tested it for 24 hours to make sure it didn't have restart issues. We will have to see how it does since mine died after three weeks....

-dm

I also have joined the club

I also have joined the club

It is clearing customs as I write this. I ordered the BM160 and am planning on running it externally.

Initially - I was waiting for the ATB small externals to come out - but my current skimmer has been giving my so much trouble that I could not wait anymore. Livestock is suffering, dinoflagellates are on the rampage and macroalgae is abundant.
I've tried several things, but I think it comes down to efficient nutrient reduction - and my current skimmer obviously is not cutting it.

I cleaned my BM100 4 days ago, since then, the skimmer is not producing as much bubbles as it used to, also the pump seems to pump less water and air, the bubbles accumulate in the nick but does not get down to the collection cup, as if they do not have enough air to push them out, if I increase the water level in the nick, it overflows, will dismantle friday and see what I did wrong, any suggestions would be appreciated

checked silencer, it open, have just replaced the venturi as I had a spare one, getting better bubbles but not the best, will wait for a day and see how it goes

Already I have had a problem.........shipping is set back another 3 days for no apparent reason. Just have to wait a little longer.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13284847#post13284847 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by salty child 79
Already I have had a problem.........shipping is set back another 3 days for no apparent reason. Just have to wait a little longer.

salty child 79, i'm sorry that your shipping was delayed for one day due to UPS complications; it's been sent today via UPS Ground. Please send me a PM if you have any questions.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13282911#post13282911 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thabet_2
I cleaned my BM100 4 days ago, since then, the skimmer is not producing as much bubbles as it used to, also the pump seems to pump less water and air, the bubbles accumulate in the nick but does not get down to the collection cup, as if they do not have enough air to push them out, if I increase the water level in the nick, it overflows, will dismantle friday and see what I did wrong, any suggestions would be appreciated

Hi, couple things to check-
1) Make sure the airline, silencer and air inlet are not clogged. Trying washing them using warm water.
2) Make sure the needlewheel is clean and is free of calcium deposits.
3) Make sure the ceramic shaft is sitting properly in their designated slots.
4) There is a removable plastic washer that should be placing in front of the impeller.

Last edited:
It arrived today!

It arrived today!

It is here at last. I had ordered a BM160. It was quite well packed - double boxed with peanuts - no damage.

I have not put it together yet, as I have to get it home. Also going to have to wait a few days for a feed pump - LFS guy had the NERVE to go on a fishing trip - LOL.

But - thus far - I did take it out of the box to check and make sure all is here, and no damage.....it looks great - well built and sturdy looking.

I should have it up and running by end of next week - have a bit of plumbing magic to do, and want to give it a vinegar prebreak-in wash.

dismantled the pump and it was too hot, looks like the shaft was not installed properly and after having everything back, it needed a blow in the air intake and was back in business, will give it a day to see if it gets the junk in the collection cup.
Thanks for the hints nuocean and all

For those considering the replacement of the atman pump, I believe that the via aqua is it's direct clone?

I received my BM100 today...initial thoughts:

Good double box packaging
Pump hefty, but seemed well-made
Solid build quality...better than most skimmers I have had experience with (Euro-reef, ASM, Remora, Coralife, Bubble King...well it's good a nice solid cap like the bubble king at a fraction of the price)
The bubble plate was a bit finicky being attached to the pump but I think it should be ok
I really hope I don't break any of the nylon screws...

I haven't run it yet as my tank is still dry, but I like how it takes up little space with the pump inside.

i have a question!
and excuse me for my bad english!
is the BM more silent than the BBK?
and works similar to the BBK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back