The most special angel I've ever received?

bit of a hijack but since on the topic of rare hybrids - this is available in aus ATM
Chaetodontoplus conspicillatus x Chaetodontoplus Personifer hybrid.
conspic.jpg

if it was avaialbe 1 month ago it would be in my QT now :debi:

I know the new owner it will stay in the same tank as a clarion hybrid !!!

Well, I would for that second fish!
Otherwise, I'm sure there would be a bigger tank NEXT to my current 60 gallon tank! LOL

Matthew

Well look what just showed up in Germany!!! A second specimen!!! It does not get more exciting than this! :fun4:

multicolor_hybrid_germany.jpg

Copps

Yuri, I am positive that fish is of the same origin as mine... or as Rich Pyle says "as sure as I could be without DNA proof" ... mine was collected in the same region as the many ferrugata/loriculus hybrids coming in... what threw me off at first was how multicolor was in the Philippines... but I confirmed that the collector has gotten multicolor in this region... just amazing... but not out of the question as multicolor apparently has made the jump from Palau. The fish no doubt has input from C. multicolor... the only question is whether or not the other parent was full ferrugata or one of the ferrugata/ loriculus crosses... this is near impossible to tell without looking at the DNA... and as I said before I did not have the cohones to clip this fish seeing as how it was undocumented and had never been seen before... she could give her DNA when she's dead! :) I'll get updated pics... this fish has grown substantially and looks ridiculous!

Copps

Apologies for the tardy reply! This is fish is settled in well and survived the move to my new house and has resided since then in my 1300 gallon display... can't believe it's been so many years! She is actively spawning as part of a harem with both a male and female loriculus/ferrugata hybrid...

Anyway, I snapped some photos about an hour ago... My apologies also for the poor quality pics... it's hard enough to photograph Centropyge... much more so running around in 1300 gallons!

Copps

Back