The Re-Plumbing of a Reef Tank

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8209775#post8209775 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reef Junkie
Ray, don't apologize.
If you didn't want to be with her you wouldn't, right?

Liana, Ray is too old for you!:p

A. not necessarily

B. dohhhh :p he's still almost practically my neighbor (compared to the rest of yous) and waterboy ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8210318#post8210318 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reef Junkie
I agree, but I'm giving ray the benefit of the doubt.

Liana, I used to date my neighbor.;)

:lmao:

Bill,

Holding up great... battling some cyano in the frag tank and refugium.

I'm not sure if I'm over taxing the pump.... the flow back in to the display tank isn't as strong as I would like it... and I have that valve now wide open.

The display tank though looks great... some of the mushrooms are encroaching on the some of the zoanthids down in the sand bed... I'm going to have to try to do something about that.

And, I think that my flame angelfish is being a bit of a pest to the corals. But, not horrible damage.

Thanks for asking :)

How's your tank doing? Are you happy you added the sand to the display tank?

Have you tried cleaning your intake screen to the main pump?
If you shut down one ball valve, does the flow increase?

Got a picture?

I have an awesome fish trap if you're interested in borrowing it?;)

My tank is doing great. My corals are all growing and I have some pretty exotic stuff in there now. It's just a matter of growing it out. The sand has really made a huge difference and it's getting slowly populated with worms. I'll try to get a picture tonight and post it up for you.

Ray and Bill.. Fantastic design guys!!!.... Looking Good Lonnie

Question... Have you noticed any drops in your PH. When I get my tank going again, I would like to use my furnace room as well to store the sump. However, I am concerned that the C02 from the furnace might pull the PH down too low. I not sure if my question makes sense or not... Just curious..

thank you.

in the wall that is adjacent to the rest of the basement there are cut outs that are little windows that seem to allow enough ventalation of the furnace/ fish room. lonnie also has a good sized basement that the basement door is always open so co2 for him isn't an issue. but i think lonnie may be a better juge for that question.

My sump is plumbed into the furnace room. Sump is about 3 feet away from it actually and i havent noticed any adverse effects from it.

Thanks Jon!
We worked long and hard on it.

I have 3 more people that want a similar design.
Ray, want in? You will be compensated.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9066559#post9066559 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reef Junkie
Thanks Jon!
We worked long and hard on it.

I have 3 more people that want a similar design.
Ray, want in? You will be compensated.
i can help too if you need , no need for compensation,, other than rays ***

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9069555#post9069555 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by diverrad
i can help too if you need , no need for compensation,, other than rays ***

I can see that things have not changed a bit in my absence :lol:

Good to know that there are no adverse affects. Thanks guys!

I'm really looking forward to setting these systems up.
I will be sure to call you suckers if it gets ugly.
It shouldn't be too difficult, just a lot of work.

Back