The REAL Tank of the Month - April '03

Graham,

You have a tank? Who woulda thunk it? J/k :)

Looks great! :thumbsup: I hope my 90 looks half as good someday.

Is that a Corky in the center? I have one and I have split it into two but instead of growing up it's spreading out.

Ace

Ace said:
Graham,

You have a tank? Who woulda thunk it? J/k :)

Is that a Corky in the center? I have one and I have split it into two but instead of growing up it's spreading out.

Heh heh...yeah I know Ace. :lol: I do find time for tank duties amidst that old bad habit of cesspooling. It's easier now, though ;) j/k

That's a Eunicea sp. in the center. It's a photosynthetic gorgonian. Started from a 2" cutting almost exactly a year ago. It's really fun to watch it eat when I feed particulates (GPs, rotifers, BBS). Turn off the powerheads and it's like a chain-reaction of polyps closing and opening over the whole animal. It's pretty neat.

Hey Graham,

Looking great, but that's no surprise :D .

Congrats on impending fatherhood, if you thought reefkeeping was challenging and rewarding .................but you're up to that challenge.

Agu

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate the acknowledgement...

and Agu,

You know you are well represented in that there tank, eh? ;)

Graham, stunning! You have GOT to show me how to use Photoshop like that so my tank looks really good too. :D J/K my friend!

Awesome shots, great looking tank! I might have to spend a week in Minnie in May for business, wanna trade some frags? (actually just an excuse to come see your tank).

Keep up the good work, buddy!

HD

Graham, tank looks different from the meeting, and I must say WOW, it looks great! Your corals are just amazing.

When you move, I think I'll have plenty of room to "baby sit.":D

Derek

I really like the layout of your tank Graham! Coral placement is very nice!!!

Well done and congrats on the new family member!!!

Jon

B4 I die... I must get my tank featured!
:D

Too bad right now I'm closer to the april fools tank of the month than the real ones..
Maybe in a couple years

hiddendragonet said:
...You have GOT to show me how to use Photoshop like that so my tank looks really good too. :D J/K my friend! HD

Hey, that's part of the battle! Pictures don't do any tank full justice, but a little Photoshop-ing can replace what the camera misses...or what the particular shot misses. Maybe that's just because I'm a hack! :D Actually, some of the pics turned out a bit dim...

ILove2Ride,

Thanks, that one in the center is a Eunicea sp. gorgonian.

otolith,

Thanks Derek! It is truly amazing how noticeably a tank changes when you only see it once a year! BTW, I just may take you up on that offer...

chewie and nanook,

Thank you for the approval!

SawC,

Thanks Bill. That's truly a compliment coming from the guy who's given me my biggest case of tank envy...ever! :D I'm sure your turn won't be too far off! :thumbsup:

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous tank!

Congratulations Graham. This are the kind of tanks that one looks at and sighs and hopes, one can set up one day.

Again, beautiful. You should be very, very proud of yourself.

Cheers.

Mary.

Nice tank!:D, I especially like that pink seriatopora, been looking for one for a while. . . .

Andrew

Back