The Scleractinia Shallows

Dom.. sorry to see those corals go like that.. :(
Can you open up the rocks a bit? In pics, the scape comes across as very homogeneous and dense.. it seems to need a little red headed drama.

Sorry to read all that Dom...
It's reealy a bummer.
But also is an opportunity to a fresh start.

Can you open up the rocks a bit? In pics, the scape comes across as very homogeneous and dense..

Agreed...

Besides that, I think that some "elevation" could be interesting.
I'm also a big fan os caves......put some putty in action and do a LEGO job on the rocks....:lol2:
Something like this:

29265842215_f1edbe55e9.jpg

Alex

what's the crazy red/yellow chalice type thing to the left of your Goni
If it's the piece I think you're talking about, it's a recovery scoly lol

Dom.. sorry to see those corals go like that.. :(
Can you open up the rocks a bit? In pics, the scape comes across as very homogeneous and dense.. it seems to need a little red headed drama.
Yeah it's a little disheartening but I'll be back!! Hopefully with nothing but perfectly good luck haha

The rocks are definitely a big ol' pile of them lol but it does have a kind of nice aesthetic to it lol it definitely still needs some more work though!

Hey what about more negative space and some bridges and stuff for your scape??
The tricky part is working them out haha I'm away for a week so we'll see what some fresh eyes do lol

Sorry to read all that Dom...
It's reealy a bummer.
But also is an opportunity to a fresh start.

Agreed...

Besides that, I think that some "elevation" could be interesting.
I'm also a big fan os caves......put some putty in action and do a LEGO job on the rocks....:lol2:
Something like this:

29265842215_f1edbe55e9.jpg

Alex
Thanks Alex :) I appreciate the kind words mate!

Yeah, I'm still not 100% on the scape, it needs some work and finesse! haha
The tank is only 18" tall so the scape is going to be reasonably low regardless of what I get up to lol

I'd keep what you have. Let the dragons breath do the work.

I'm having twice the problems Dom is Brandon since i'm running two dragon's breath bulbs - T5 only pic since the 400W Radiums would make the colors look worse than they already do......... :mad:

image.jpg

Far right front corner on the bottom is 210 on PAR meter - 520 under the Radiums at the highest acro tip on the scapes. 800 just below the surface directly under the 400W Radiums. Each of the three main islands is made up of two completely separated islands.

You only think you've seen the power of dragon's breath Domster....... ;)

I'm having twice the problems Dom is Brandon since i'm running two dragon's breath bulbs - T5 only pic since the 400W Radiums would make the colors look worse than they already do......... :mad:

image.jpg

Far right front corner on the bottom is 210 on PAR meter - 520 under the Radiums at the highest acro tip on the scapes. 800 just below the surface directly under the 400W Radiums. Each of the three main islands is made up of two completely separated islands.

Looks great Andrew! What's the new coral on the right island very top. It's too pale to not be new in your system. You should do a YouTube of your new scape.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Looks great Andrew! What's the new coral on the right island very top. It's too pale to not be new in your system. You should do a YouTube of your new scape.

Thanks Brandon :)

It's a bleached branch i bought the day Dave took a snap of me using his top down box over the acro tank lol.

I need to do a video update on my boy......... :thumbsup:

image.jpg

Damn Andrew, I need to visit again... Got to bring back your esky with some goodies in it too. I've got a tiny tiny tiny forrest fire digi frag for you, plus I'll dig up a couple of others.

kidding right?
Now that we're getting another kitten, yes :lmao:

Whoa! On a 18 inch high tank? You planning to make reef soup?
I don't see the need.. by any stretch of the imagination.
haha I just get caught up in these new goodies and changes, I just need to calm down lol that's why I post these things!

I'd keep what you have. Let the dragons breath do the work.
I'm going to :) I need to raise it up a little bit though

Sorry Dom, sucks to hear you have to go acroless for a while. :(
Thanks Mark, it's a good chance to do a bit of reassessing so I'm not too sad :)

image.jpg

I've calmed down now, now that the voices have reason have spoken haha just gotta raise it a little bit I think to get a little more even coverage, especially with the led bar now :)

Any thoughts on my rock pile?? :fun5:

Damn Andrew, I need to visit again... Got to bring back your esky with some goodies in it too. I've got a tiny tiny tiny forrest fire digi frag for you, plus I'll dig up a couple of others.

You know you're always welcome Sam :)

I appreciate the thought but i already have a 3" high forest fire colony Sam. Also have the red scrolling monti so why don't you just bring yourself mate :thumbsup:

I don't suppose you have an all pink digi do you ? That would be what i call a 'goody' Sammy.

I've calmed down now, now that the voices have reason have spoken haha just gotta raise it a little bit I think to get a little more even coverage, especially with the led bar now :)

Any thoughts on my rock pile?? :fun5:

Sorry for posting pics on your journal Dom lol. When i ran the halide over your tank it was a 400W Radium with 4 x 39W T5's and an 81W LED strip..........

You have way less light than i did so you can't compare really mate. Personally i'd either go up to a 400W bulb and ballast or look at the new Pac Sun T5 hybrids Dave is stocking.........

Go hard or go home is what i say Dom lol :thumbsup:

I don't have any thoughts on your scape matey, has someone suggested you change it ? You should scape the way you like Dom, ignore anyone who thinks it looks like a mentally challenged chimpanzee made it whilst wearing a blindfold and boxing gloves.......... :wavehand:

Dom, good advice. But since you are acroless, you can plan. Also might be a good time to start breeding.

Marty

[Go hard or go home is what i say Dom lol :thumbsup:
[/QUOTE]

Sorry for posting pics on your journal Dom lol. When i ran the halide over your tank it was a 400W Radium with 4 x 39W T5's and an 81W LED strip..........

You have way less light than i did so you can't compare really mate. Personally i'd either go up to a 400W bulb and ballast or look at the new Pac Sun T5 hybrids Dave is stocking.........

Go hard or go home is what i say Dom lol :thumbsup:
Yeah, I would love to get more light cranking over the tank! Maybe that will be a post-Christmas upgrade to get a 3ft unit, I might send Hamilton an email and see what the cost is for a unit without a ballast :) I've got my led strip though :)

I don't have any thoughts on your scape matey, has someone suggested you change it ? You should scape the way you like Dom, ignore anyone who thinks it looks like a mentally challenged chimpanzee made it whilst wearing a blindfold and boxing gloves.......... :wavehand:
That was exactly the response I was hoping for :lol2: I still have no idea what to do but I am somewhat enjoying a more rocky scape, the fish are certainly appreciating it a lot!

Dom, good advice. But since you are acroless, you can plan. Also might be a good time to start breeding.

Marty
Once I get back from the US, I'll be cooking up some breeding stuff hopefully :)

More light, more light!
hahaha I definitely want some!

Back