The Scleractinia Shallows

Next time you're down here and you check out Vivid Aquariums -- Ask about the back room. ALL the good stuff is hidden in the back, gotta ask to see. ;)
I definitely wanted to go and visit Vivid while I was in LA but I didn't have a way or a chance to get out there and have a look unfortunately! :(

Hey Dom, hows your American accent?
Glad to see you back..
Your clean reef is getting on my nerves...
I NEED ACRO BUSH!!!

haha accent is still as Australian as they come, had a few minor confusions from people not being able to understand what I was saying :lolspin:

I'm happy to be back lol and it's getting on my nerves as well now!! I just want acro's again :( I'm going to do a 50L water change tonight and run a full battery of tests on the tank to see where I'm at in the hopes of maybe adding a piece or two this week as the delivery is meant to be pretty insane!! lol

I'm happy you had a good time over here. I'm excited to see what you fill that tank up with.

I'm happy you had a good time over here. I'm excited to see what you fill that tank up with.
Hopefully a few otherwise unobtainable goodies ;) but definitely lots of super premo Sustainable Reefs acros! The shipment will be in at 11am today and I'll be there for opening tomorrow :bounce3:

What sort of protocol are you going to use to make sure you don't get any pests again?

Marty
Not buying from the place they came from, trusting my gut instinct and a more thorough examination process lol. Sustainable Reefs are super 100% reliable so I have no concerns from any acro that come from there and no concerns over any acro that comes from Deer Park! It was the only online shop that an order came from that had them and I didn't trust my instincts on it and that's how I got them! So no orders from them and I'll be sweet! haha

Myself, I would go to Andrews house when he is not home and "borrow" any across you deem rooftop worthy. then leave kangaroo prints around, and blame it on the Acroroo!

Marty

Hopefully a few otherwise unobtainable goodies ;) but definitely lots of super premo Sustainable Reefs acros! The shipment will be in at 11am today and I'll be there for opening tomorrow :bounce3:

Not buying from the place they came from, trusting my gut instinct and a more thorough examination process lol. Sustainable Reefs are super 100% reliable so I have no concerns from any acro that come from there and no concerns over any acro that comes from Deer Park! It was the only online shop that an order came from that had them and I didn't trust my instincts on it and that's how I got them! So no orders from them and I'll be sweet! haha

Myself, I would go to Andrews house when he is not home and "borrow" any across you deem rooftop worthy. then leave kangaroo prints around, and blame it on the Acroroo!

Marty
Haha he was pretty threatening when I suggested that might happen now I'm nearly ready again :lolspin: :debi:

The bright side of no acro's in the tank is that nobody is bothered by the nutrient levels... 50ppm nitrates and 0.4ppm phos... Ooops!

Marty

I will blame it on you Marty........... :mad:

Can i have this fish please wormer. I call anyone who has, or has had AEFW a ' wormer ' so don't take offence. It sounds a lot better than ' unclean ' or ' tainted ' which is what you really are tbh :wavehand:

thedevourer.jpg

Can i have this fish please wormer. I call anyone who has, or has had AEFW a ' wormer ' so don't take offence. It sounds a lot better than ' unclean ' or ' tainted ' which is what you really are tbh :wavehand:

thedevourer.jpg
He is an absolute guts!! Loves his food and attention lol I may be the tainted unclean one but you know I have the secret source of goodies to bribe you with now :lol:

Dom,
I think it sounds like a plan....a good one, indeed!!!
:lolspin:
You guys are trying to get me beat up! :hammer:

I was here. Cute fish, how much longer do you have to go acro less?
Acro-less period is over, just need to get round to actually adding some! haha

100L in water changes done so far this week! :) Another 50L to do tonight and then again tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday! That'll be 300L in water changes done in a week which is pretty much 100%! Should clear things up nicely. I'm using NSW at the moment due to it's ease but I'm thinking about getting a 25kg bag of Red Sea Blue Bucket tomorrow to start getting some more controlled water going through the tank :D

All in preparations for some goodies that will be arriving next week! :D haha

Buddy it seems like forever since you've kept acros. I can't wait to see some of that aussie fire!

Buddy it seems like forever since you've kept acros. I can't wait to see some of that aussie fire!
I HAAAVVVEEEE AAACCCRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'S *ahem*

Today I added several tester pieces into the tank :) a shortcake, a spath and a tricolour type thing! Should give a well covered base to know what's going on in the tank :beach bum: in time for some Red Dragon, WWC Pink Cadillac and Bubblegum Digi to arrive for me later this week :D

Yeah that tank needs some sticks. What happened to the large clam? It was a nice one.
It finally has some again!! :D
She was lost while I was away :( no idea why but it was a sad lost that hurt a lot but sometimes these things happen so I'll be on the hunt for some new babies!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
:bounce3::bounce2::bounce1::bounce3::bounce2::bounce1:

Today I added several tester pieces into the tank :) a shortcake, a spath and a tricolour type thing! Should give a well covered base to know what's going on in the tank :beach bum: in time for some Red Dragon, WWC Pink Cadillac and Bubblegum Digi to arrive for me later this week :D

We don't have tricolour things here......or have, but i can't pay for it.....
:thumbdown:thumbdown

It finally has some again!! :D
She was lost while I was away :( no idea why but it was a sad lost that hurt a lot but sometimes these things happen so I'll be on the hunt for some new babies!
Heck yes! And you're getting those pieces over there? Oh yea you also know that hi need pictures to prove so this! Congrats on finally having real coral again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
:bounce3::bounce2::bounce1::bounce3::bounce2:

We don't have tricolour things here......or have, but i can't pay for it.....
:thumbdown:thumbdown
Oh it's exciting times here!! :D I'm just happy to have them back again!

It's a rather nice, delicate tri-colour, not like the usual valida that's available too

Heck yes! And you're getting those pieces over there? Oh yea you also know that hi need pictures to prove so this! Congrats on finally having real coral again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Heck yes indeed!! :D and I am ;) lol
I need to get the real camera out and get some nice pics soon enough, nothing yet as it's pretty boring haha rocks and three sticks!

Hi Dom,
What is up my friend, I have been lurking, and sort of trying to create my own new reef as well. Hope your visit to the states was great, and look forward to seeing what is up your sleeve mate :) Cheers my friend!

I know of an excellent reef photographer! Some of his stuff is from NASA. He is very much in demand. But say the word and I will see what I can do.

Marty

I need to get the real camera out and get some nice pics soon enough, nothing yet as it's pretty boring haha rocks and three sticks!

Back