The T5 Q&a Thread - split

I run mine to supplement MH Radiums, now I'll have to buy a bunch of Giesemann bulbs to see how the new ones look. it never ends...

Yeah a couple of years ago everyone was saying T5s were going the way of the dodo...now there are more choices than there ever were before!!

I just got 3 RedSea Actinic 22k bulbs and a G Super Actinic and running these 4 for my 8 hour set up. Really like the colors. For my other 4 bulbs I still have 2 G Aquablue Azure and 1 ATI Purple+ and swapped a Coral+ in place of a G Tropic. Planning to swap the Purple+ and 1 Aquablue Azure for 2 G Actinic Blue. Going as blue as possible. So eventual set up will be RS 22k, G Super Actinic, G Actinic Blue, G Aquablue Azure, LED, Coral+, G Actinic Blue, RS 22k, RS 22k.

I just got 3 RedSea Actinic 22k bulbs and a G Super Actinic and running these 4 for my 8 hour set up. Really like the colors. For my other 4 bulbs I still have 2 G Aquablue Azure and 1 ATI Purple+ and swapped a Coral+ in place of a G Tropic. Planning to swap the Purple+ and 1 Aquablue Azure for 2 G Actinic Blue. Going as blue as possible. So eventual set up will be RS 22k, G Super Actinic, G Actinic Blue, G Aquablue Azure, LED, Coral+, G Actinic Blue, RS 22k, RS 22k.

How do you like the look of those Red Sea 22k bulbs?

Hey guys I stop by this thread once a year when I need new bulbs, so I was wondering if you can help me out. I've got an ATI Sunpower T5 fixture with 6 bulb setup and run a tank full of softcoral and LPS.

Looking for something not too blue but has good color. Any recommendations? Oh and where can I buy them because I just noticed Reefgeek is close down!

Matt,

I am running ATI dimmable 6 x 54w and (3) Kessil 360we on my standard 90 gallons display. I have the t5 running 9 hours at 100% including a two hour sunrise/sunset and the kessls(one on each end and one center) Intensity 70 and blue 20% about 8 hours, again with a 2 hours sunrise/sunset.

Most of my sps is growing and encrusting well to be small colonies or frags, but I dint knew what good growth means as a rookie reefer. but I fear I may have too much light on the coral. I would really appreciate hearing how you would run this lighting set up on your reef if you had it. Should I turn down the LEDs?

Thanks in advance.

Matt,

I am running ATI dimmable 6 x 54w and (3) Kessil 360we on my standard 90 gallons display. I have the t5 running 9 hours at 100% including a two hour sunrise/sunset and the kessls(one on each end and one center) Intensity 70 and blue 20% about 8 hours, again with a 2 hours sunrise/sunset.

Most of my sps is growing and encrusting well to be small colonies or frags, but I dint knew what good growth means as a rookie reefer. but I fear I may have too much light on the coral. I would really appreciate hearing how you would run this lighting set up on your reef if you had it. Should I turn down the LEDs?

Thanks in advance.

Here is an interesting thread where a bunch of reefers are showing growth over a 1 year period. I think they are showing their quickest growers and I was pretty surprised. Typical growth should be in the ballpark but there are too many parameters...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2517737

For your lighting... seems like a lot of light to me but if your corals are not bleached out you should be good. I have a similar setup and use an 8 bulb fixture with 2 AI Primes over a 70 gallon. I use the LED's for tweaking the color and really never push them past around 20-25%. My corals did lighten a bit at first and then colored back up. Growth has been good to great depending on the coral

Here is an interesting thread where a bunch of reefers are showing growth over a 1 year period. I think they are showing their quickest growers and I was pretty surprised. Typical growth should be in the ballpark but there are too many parameters...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2517737

For your lighting... seems like a lot of light to me but if your corals are not bleached out you should be good. I have a similar setup and use an 8 bulb fixture with 2 AI Primes over a 70 gallon. I use the LED's for tweaking the color and really never push them past around 20-25%. My corals did lighten a bit at first and then colored back up. Growth has been good to great depending on the coral

Interesting read. Thank you.

Any pictures?
2870800308b9195fdd91c49dc2262a49.jpg

b14be178e7a51ac9a1665bfeec83ff91.jpg

Back