The T5 Q&a Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grim, Thanks for your advise on the bulbs you told me to get for my 90 gallon, there looking good...

Now I need to know what you would use on a 300g thats 30inches tall, I was thinking 16 T5's, would I need that many for that depth of water?

Blue Plus (ATI) & Actinic true (Geisemann) on for extended period- algae concern?

Basically, are these lights just for my pleasure, or are the animals using the lighting and thus 12 hours is too long to leave them on?

Thanks!
Angela

?

?

That would probably be a good mix for you. After 18 months I would change a lamp every couple days to give your critters a bit of a chance to acclimate to the higher PAR.[/QUOTE

Grim,

The new bulbs just came in today, what order should I put them in a nova extreme pro. (4 blue plus, actinic white, ge6500).

Thanks

Grim, Thanks for your advise on the bulbs you told me to get for my 90 gallon, there looking good...

Now I need to know what you would use on a 300g thats 30inches tall, I was thinking 16 T5's, would I need that many for that depth of water?

If the depth is 24 inches 8 rows of lamps will cover the footprint. 30" tall you wouldn't want to have hight light SPS in the bottom but for a mixed reef T5's would be fine/

Blue Plus (ATI) & Actinic true (Geisemann) on for extended period- algae concern?

Basically, are these lights just for my pleasure, or are the animals using the lighting and thus 12 hours is too long to leave them on?

Thanks!
Angela

12 hours should be fine. The Blue Plus also gives you PAR so the critters will grow under them

That would probably be a good mix for you. After 18 months I would change a lamp every couple days to give your critters a bit of a chance to acclimate to the higher PAR.[/QUOTE

Grim,

The new bulbs just came in today, what order should I put them in a nova extreme pro. (4 blue plus, actinic white, ge6500).

Thanks

Put a Blue Plus at the Front and in the dusk/dawn positions. Other than that however will work for you.

Which would be better for a 24x24x 30"Water depth tank?

Which would be better for a 24x24x 30"Water depth tank?

Hey Grim,
I have 2 options, trying to get this canopy figured out...One uses a sunpod HQI fixture that I would add either 4 or 6 T5 bulbs to, the other is 8 T5 bulbs. Icecap retrofits here on 660 ballasts. Any feedback on which one to do? I have SPS near the top and chalices LPS on the sand. Also which bulbs would you recommend for each?
Thanks!!

Attachments

• retro ideas.jpg
    retro ideas.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2
I replaced all (5) my T5 bulbs just today and the only change I made was swapping an aquasun with a fiji purple and the tank looks so nicer to my eyes.

My current bulb selection is as follows (from front to back)
blue+
fiji purple (was previously an aquasun)
blue+
aquablue
blue+

I wish I had the camera and the skills to actually capture the color differences, but for those with an imagination, I went from a nice clean white with blue (maybe about 14000k-ish) to what appears to look more like the 20000K colors.

I just hope that my corals like the change.

Anyone heard any reviews or anything about the new TEK elite? Seems like people would have started receiving them and posting initial reviews by now! hah.

Just FYI, premiumaquatics now has the TEK elite in stock. Shipping is considerably cheaper for me since they are apparently based in Indiana

If the depth is 24 inches 8 rows of lamps will cover the footprint. 30" tall you wouldn't want to have hight light SPS in the bottom but for a mixed reef T5's would be fine/

But with it being 30 high, could I have clams? I'm a clam junkie! I was told by a few LFS's today that because the tanks 30 high, and if I want clams I MUST use MH's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back