The T5 Q&a Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Grim,
Can you recommend a good combinnation of bulbs for my 48" x 8 bulb tek fixture, it is over our 5' x 2' x 12" frag table, we are hoping for eye popping colors and solid growth of SPS, LPS, Zoas, Palys and softies.
I have good access to UVL, Current, Coralife and Wavepoint? bulbs, if you could choose from those brands that would be great.
Thanks,
Chris

5 UVL twilight, 2 Actinic White and 1 Current 10K

Or 8 current 10K's then I can come grab a bunch of your cheap ugly frags :fun2:

is a 80watt tube more intense than a 54watt tube relative to its length as it is only a foot longer but uses 26 more watts .does it have more par per inch

is a 80watt tube more intense than a 54watt tube relative to its length as it is only a foot longer but uses 26 more watts .does it have more par per inch

Slightly more intense if normally driven, just the opposite when overdriving.

As far as the 6x80 question it will light 18 inches up pretty good, on a 24" tank I'd go 8 lamps if you want a lot of SPS or clams out on the sandbed.

Hey Grim what do you think about going with 3 AquaBlue Plus Special and 3 ATI blue Plus? I have a 6 bulb NEP and just wondering how this combo will work I have softies and LPS and a few SPS also 3 RBTA's would this combo give me good results?

Let me know

Thanks
Frankie

Last edited:
ok here is my request for a good bulb combo suggestion

i have a 48" 4 bulb fixture. i currently have 2 blue plus an aquasun and a super actinic. i want more blue, as well as good coloration and good growth (who doesnt? :) )
would swapping the super actinic with an aquablue be a good way to go? i think the super actinic gives off a pinkish color that i dont like that much.

corals are mainly soft/lps. zoanthids, mushrooms, rics, acans, torch, frogspawn, chalice.
only 1 sps (hydnopora) with plans to add probably only 1 more sps at most in the future

Last edited:
Grim, just ordered 4x Blue +, 1 Fiji and 1 Gman Daylight. Question is I have 6 lamps up and running, 2 on one channel (side by side lamps) and 4 on the other. Which one should I use for D/D the 2 bulb or the 4 bulb and which bulbs?

I have been using the 4 bulbs as D/D and the 2 bulb set for daylights. My corals are dying :/

Originally Posted by katyttt
Hi Grim,
Can you recommend a good combinnation of bulbs for my 48" x 8 bulb tek fixture, it is over our 5' x 2' x 12" frag table, we are hoping for eye popping colors and solid growth of SPS, LPS, Zoas, Palys and softies.
I have good access to UVL, Current, Coralife and Wavepoint? bulbs, if you could choose from those brands that would be great.
Thanks,
Chris

Or 8 current 10K's then I can come grab a bunch of your cheap ugly frags

This is what I have on my availability list for UVL bulbs, didn't see a Twilight, Do you have new bulbs I could purchase from you? PM me the prices if so please.

UV Lighting T-5 Lamp 48" 54 Watt Super Actinic
Product Code - UVL24803

UV Lighting T-5 Lamp 48" 54 Watt AquaSun 10,000K
Product Code - UVL24810

UV Lighting T-5 Lamp 48" 54 Watt Actinic White 12,000K
Product Code - UVL24812

UV Lighting T-5 Lamp 48" 54 Watt Indigo Blue
Product Code - UVL24840

UV Lighting T-5 Lamp 48" 54 Watt 454 85% Triband Blue 15%Actinic
Product Code - UVL24854

And you can always hget cheap frags from me, problem is if we put them all under ugly 10Ks, none of us will know which ones are the cool frags, since they will all look like C**p!

Thanks,
Master Grim

I have a couple questions regarding the Current Nova Extreme Pro (6 bulbs) set up. I am currently running the stock bulbs - 3 whites and 3 blues. What is the best lighting set up for a 50 gallons mixed reef? I currently have mostly zoas and palys. Also, is it possible to install an Icecap 660 ballast to this set up?

Hey Grim what do you think about going with 3 AquaBlue Plus Special and 3 ATI blue Plus? I have a 6 bulb NEP and just wondering how this combo will work I have softies and LPS and a few SPS also 3 RBTA's would this combo give me good results?

Let me know

Thanks
Frankie

It will be fine but you will like it a lot better if you use a UVL Actinic White in place of one of the Aquablues.

ok here is my request for a good bulb combo suggestion

i have a 48" 4 bulb fixture. i currently have 2 blue plus an aquasun and a super actinic. i want more blue, as well as good coloration and good growth (who doesnt? :) )
would swapping the super actinic with an aquablue be a good way to go? i think the super actinic gives off a pinkish color that i dont like that much.

corals are mainly soft/lps. zoanthids, mushrooms, rics, acans, torch, frogspawn, chalice.
only 1 sps (hydnopora) with plans to add probably only 1 more sps at most in the future

Use the ATI Blue Plus instead. Just as much PAR and will kick up the blue color better.

Grim, just ordered 4x Blue +, 1 Fiji and 1 Gman Daylight. Question is I have 6 lamps up and running, 2 on one channel (side by side lamps) and 4 on the other. Which one should I use for D/D the 2 bulb or the 4 bulb and which bulbs?

I have been using the 4 bulbs as D/D and the 2 bulb set for daylights. My corals are dying :/

Slap a couple blue plus in for D/D

Originally Posted by katyttt
Hi Grim,
Thanks,
Chris

Or 8 current 10K's then I can come grab a bunch of your cheap ugly frags

This is what I have on my availability list for UVL bulbs, didn't see a Twilight, Do you have new bulbs I could purchase from you? PM me the prices if so please.

UV Lighting T-5 Lamp 48" 54 Watt Super Actinic
Product Code - UVL24803

UV Lighting T-5 Lamp 48" 54 Watt AquaSun 10,000K
Product Code - UVL24810

UV Lighting T-5 Lamp 48" 54 Watt Actinic White 12,000K
Product Code - UVL24812

UV Lighting T-5 Lamp 48" 54 Watt Indigo Blue
Product Code - UVL24840

UV Lighting T-5 Lamp 48" 54 Watt 454 85% Triband Blue 15%Actinic
Product Code - UVL24854

And you can always hget cheap frags from me, problem is if we put them all under ugly 10Ks, none of us will know which ones are the cool frags, since they will all look like C**p!

Thanks,
Master Grim

My bad, 454 is the UVL Blue. Grab an Indigo blue instead of the current 10K.

I have a couple questions regarding the Current Nova Extreme Pro (6 bulbs) set up. I am currently running the stock bulbs - 3 whites and 3 blues. What is the best lighting set up for a 50 gallons mixed reef? I currently have mostly zoas and palys. Also, is it possible to install an Icecap 660 ballast to this set up?

No on the 660. With what you got I would run 4 ATI Blue Plus, 1 UVL Actinic WHite and a GE 6500K Daylight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back