The T5 Q&a Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the ATI 6x24watt be enough to keep clams, acans and some sps in the sand bed. the rock will be all sps. The tank is 24x24x19 tall?

Without having used the new Tek I couldn't say if it would work or not. ATI has better reflectors so I will be surprised if the Tek will match it but you never know. At this point I would say Powermodule or Halides.

Grim- So as long as I dont have clams in the bottom of my tank I could run the 8 bulb tek and keep SPS in the top half and LPS/ zoo's in bottom, correct?

btw- thanks for your help, if you ever need help picking a good video game let me know:rollface:

How is this bulb combo for a 125 (72x18x24) with a pair of tek 6x39 fixtures. Current setup is softies, LPS and a few SPS.

2 giesemann powerchrome aquablue +
2 giesemann powerchrome midday
2 giesemann powerchrome pure actinic

I'd like to stay with giesmann bulbs if at all possible.

Thought I would share some par reading that I have started doing in the club. HEre is my tank. 6 bulb ATI sunpower.
P1010449.jpg

Here is a local club members tank with a 4ft 6 bulb tek fixture
P1010413.jpg

my tank on top is a 57g oceanic rimless and is 20 tall
the second tank is a 90 g perfecto what 24" in i think

Everyone, including myself have asked you about T5 bulbs and the combination needed. I have another question as I expand to a larger aquarium.

I am looking at the SunLight Tek 48" 8 bulb fixture or the new

Hamilton Fiji Sun T-5, 48" 6 bulb fixture. The Hamilton Fiji Sun comes with splash guard and 16 led moon lights and suspension kit. All of which are absent on the Tek...

Thank you in advance.

Koga57

Grim- So as long as I dont have clams in the bottom of my tank I could run the 8 bulb tek and keep SPS in the top half and LPS/ zoo's in bottom, correct?

btw- thanks for your help, if you ever need help picking a good video game let me know:rollface:

Yep, upper half would be fine. Who has time for video games, I just answer lighting questions :dance:

How is this bulb combo for a 125 (72x18x24) with a pair of tek 6x39 fixtures. Current setup is softies, LPS and a few SPS.

2 giesemann powerchrome aquablue +
2 giesemann powerchrome midday
2 giesemann powerchrome pure actinic

I'd like to stay with giesmann bulbs if at all possible.

Instead of Pure Actinic use the Actinic Plus which are blue lamps with a lot of PAR and will still fluoresce corals really good.

I need to replace the stock bulbs that came with my 48" Outer Orbit fixture (2 X 250 watt and 4 X 54 watt) running the stock ballasts. My tank is a 120 gallon (48" X 24" X 24"). I have a mixed reef with softies, LPS, and a few SPS. Would like to add a clam at some point. I want to stay away from a yellow tint.

TIA

I need to replace the stock bulbs that came with my 48" Outer Orbit fixture (2 X 250 watt and 4 X 54 watt) running the stock ballasts. My tank is a 120 gallon (48" X 24" X 24"). I have a mixed reef with softies, LPS, and a few SPS. Would like to add a clam at some point. I want to stay away from a yellow tint.

TIA

I'd do the Phoenix 14K halides with 3 ATI Blue Plus and 1 UVL Actinic White T5.

Hi Grim,
Can you recommend a good combinnation of bulbs for my 48" x 8 bulb tek fixture, it is over our 5' x 2' x 12" frag table, we are hoping for eye popping colors and solid growth of SPS, LPS, Zoas, Palys and softies.
I have good access to UVL, Current, Coralife and Wavepoint? bulbs, if you could choose from those brands that would be great.
Thanks,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back