The Time has come - listen2bob's 80 gallon build

No experience here but lots of reading. Digestion is to use a funnel to a 3/4 inch pvc pipe. Put the pipe where you want the sand to go move slow and pore slow

And rinse the sand as much as possible ahead of time. You're still going to have a sandstorm, but that should limit it.

Very sad to hear about the blue Millie :(

Me too, was one of my favorites. Strange part is that the blue colonies died while my other millies colored up and took off. There is still a tiny frag of the blue clinging to life. It is also in the faois display tank if I really need a piece back

Yeah mine was doing super well, it was amazing and then just poof, gone. I was hoping to grab a frag from you but I guess that won't be happening now lol

little update: ....I added sand, bare bottom was cool and all, but I like sand.
A little more than 9 months in and the system is still getting settled. Nutrients get too low, corals bleach, bring nutrients up corals color up so does the algae. Just waiting for the happy medium.
My favorite Millie showing signs of life again

Glad to see the scripps doing well. The ones you got me are alive but have never really recovered. Lmk when you decide to frag it. Starting with a healthy piece would be awesome.

Mine did that for a long time, I his it in moderate light and flow until the polyps came back out, then started moving it back up

Back