Thee (Original) $pousal Unit

Mako Shark II

Fish are Friends not Food
Jay, I'm sorry we will not be able to make it tomorrow night to the club's monthly meeting.

Moreover, I am very saddened to report that my lovely bride Indra, Thee (original) $pousal Unit, was just diagnosed with grade 1 Breast Cancer.

Rippingtons142b.jpg

It's early, and we caught it, but the road ahead is terrifying.

I will miss you all very much. Say a prayer.

Marty & Indra

Prayers are being sent your way. Stage I sounds very early. I deal with ladies (& a few men) on a daily basis with breast ca. Good luck!!

Thoughts and prayers are with you both. You are both strong people and with each other you will make it.

Sending you a PM.

Very sorry to hear that Marty for you and your wife. Prayers to your family. Let us know if we can help in any way. J

You guys will be in our prayers. My mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in 2007. She did the full chemo and radiation and is now cancer free. A positive attitude is the most important thing. Thank goodness they caught it early

Tyson

Marty, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Indra..... Like the others have said, early diagnosis and a positive attitude are keys to recovery... :)

My prayers are with You Marty and Indra... Strenght is the Key with lots of positive positive outlook ...
We are all here for you if there is anything you or Indra may need .. My mother .. Had Breast cancer when I was really Young .. And Now she's turning 72 and Buthd calls her Thee General lol ... But if she made thru it .. then Indra and You will make it too!!! ... Just call buthd if you need anything ..

Sorry to hear the news. We will definitely be praying for you guys. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Marty and Indra...you will make it through this. Our prayers and thoughts are with you. Strength and faith conquers all.

Rich and Mark

Thank you all very much!

Thank you all very much!

We are extremely humbled by the outpouring of your support. Thank you!

The rest of the story:
Indra recently had a routine, scheduled mammogram, revealing a suspicious looking mass which came back positive for breast cancer. The biopsy confirmed Invasive Ductal Carcinoma on the left side. On Nov. 18th, we met with a highly regarded Oncologist who proceeded to relate the findings of the biopsy, which were very encouraging. The tumor is quite small, only 9 mm and it is considered grade 1. It has not been "staged" yet, but it's early.

Surgery has now been scheduled for November 25th.

Actually, this is good news, given her family history. It could have been much worse. Fortunately, Indra has kept up with her mammograms, which revealed the abnormality. The odds are very definitely in our favor. We try to laugh a lot and find humor where we can. We are all very optimistic, and so far two doctors have even used the "cure" word.

Indra is actually excited to be taking proactive measures. (She has always been steely in a crisis!)

Your continued Prayers, PM's and e-mails are all greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your support, both now and in the coming months. Everything will be okay

Surgery was post-poned till this Afternoon. Throw up a prayer. I thank God for the surgeon's steady hands this day:

"To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues."
1 Corinthians 12:8-10

Back