Which New Camera?! Thee $pousal Unit Rocks!

Sorry, but I wouldn't spend 2K on my first foray into DSLR. Save that for the lens that you'll want when you find out what you really need.

Sorry, but I wouldn't spend 2K on my first foray into DSLR. Save that for the lens that you'll want when you find out what you really need.

Duly noted, but I'm hardly new to digital or SLR photography.

In 2009 alone, I shot (and kept) 3,204 images. My camera is never far away... :thumbsup: My Fuji FinePix has shot the Amazon, while my old Pentax SLR took a few tumbles down the back bowls at Vail.

Oh no worries mate. I just know me.

When I was 17-years old, I saved all my money and then bought this huge JVC Receiver from this higher-end audio store. It was the largest thing they had in the store and the same model they used it to demo all the other equipment they had. It cost an obscene $700, but that was a few (3) Decades ago! That was a stupid amount of money for (just) a receiver in 1978!!!

My point is: when you buy quality stuff, it lasts. I kept that receiver for about 14-years, before replacing it. So over the Life, it was a good deal, despite the explaination I had to do for my Mom before hand. Bless her heart! (It was my first capital expense cost-justification, but the house Rocked!)
:dance:

Give a reason NOT to Buy a Canon EOS 7D

Give a reason NOT to Buy a Canon EOS 7D

OKay, I've done my research, I've sought and gained counsel, I've heard arguments from all sides, so it's come to this:

Give a reason NOT to Buy a Canon EOS 7D :bigeyes:

"There's one ping-pong match that never ends"”the battle between Nikon and Canon for DSLR supremacy. No sooner does Nikon come out with the D300S (a $1699, 12.3 megapixel (MP), 7-frame-per-second model) than Canon follows suit with the 7D, a $1699 18MP camera that shoots at a speedy 8 fps. And, of course, both units are capable of capturing HD video clips. The moral of the story: Boys will be boys and we can be thankful for these toys"”although close to two grand is a pretty expensive ride for either. Still, such ongoing competition is wonderful news for photographers as cameras seem to get better almost every day. As such, Canon didn't have to ask twice if we wanted to hop on this merry-go-round and put the 7D through its paces. Click on to see what we found when the music stopped"¦"

http://www.digitaltrends.com/product-reviews/canon-eos-7d-review/

I'll own this for a long time, so I can justify the expense, given future lens Upgrades.

The 7d is a great camera from what I have read. Again, I own a 40d, only to be trumped a year later by the 50d. Regardless of brand, rest assured what ever you end up with will be yesterdays news a year later. However, from owning Canon's I can say they are typically money well spent. I know someone at work who purchased a 7d, took it on a trip to east Tn and to the Stumbling Santa this Christmas on Beal and got some great shots. It should be noted however, that the emphasis is on the photographer, not the camera. That said, I think anyone interested in a pro-sumer SLR will be thrilled with the 7d from my short hands on experience with it. Flickr has some great user groups, fairly active and lots of experience if you are interested in making the most out of your camera or getting some tips. Oh and...Make sure to post some photos!! ; )

Bill, you have a great camera.

Besides, the 7D is only the 5th best camera they have.....It's not like it's top of the line, or anything.

IT'S HERE!! :bounce1:
IT'S HERE!! :bounce3:
IT'S HERE!! :bounce2:

(And I stand corrected: It's Canon's 4th best DSLR camera.)

THANK YOU HONEY!

New Pictures are PENDING...........

IT'S HERE!!
(And I stand corrected: It's Canon's 4th best DSLR camera.)

THANK YOU HONEY!

New Pictures are PENDING...........

Congratulations and if it is in "your hands, and you are the one that owns it, its the best" !!!

I know you are going to really enjoy it!!

Back