Purple tang(adult)
Yellow tang(adult)
Mandarinfish
solar wrasse
3 anthias
pink skunk clownfish
sand sifter goby
3 reticulate dascyllus
I have always loved the powder blue tang, but i feel like there will be much agression in my tank with the other tangs. Also, i have liked the achilles tang. Could I keep either of these tangs in my tank? Thoughts on any other fish to add? Thanks

The tank is certainly big enough. Aggression will be the major problem here, with a Purple and Yellow Tang in there.
If one is added you should expect pretty violent responses. This should subside after a day or so but the question is -'will the PBT make it through?'
If it were me and I really wanted one I would go for it.

I have a question. Is it better to go ahead and get one while one's Purple and Yellow Tangs are not monsters? Meaning, will it prevent a huge brawl, or will the brawl still occur at a later date?

Please research the high mortality rate for powder blue tangs in captivity.

Powder blues are one of the hardest tangs to keep. They are super sensitive and super finicky. If it is chased or stressed by the other tangs, I doubt it'll survive long. Good luck if you try it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12899495#post12899495 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by forddna
I have a question. Is it better to go ahead and get one while one's Purple and Yellow Tangs are not monsters? Meaning, will it prevent a huge brawl, or will the brawl still occur at a later date?
imo the only fair way to avoid aggression amongst tangs is to add them at the same time.

Be prepare for the heavy rumbles but it should resolve itself within 2 weeks.
I added the small pb and it got whipped into a cave for ~ 2 weeks. It is still stressed out but now swims in the open more often. Good luck.

I would consider him fortunate if the powder blue (and other tangs) changed their hard-wired instincts in two weeks.

Back