Through the Looking Glass

So sorry to read this Mark. I am on the tail end of a crash as well due to Dino's. I have lost almost all of my SPS as well so can relate to the loss of years of growth. More importantly is the loss of that feeling of success in this hobby. Every day I get sick looking at the tank but every day I vow to get back to that success. Keep your head up and your plan sounds like a good one. I have really envied your corals in the past and I'm sure you will be there again. Remember....the corals died but YOU still have the skills for success!

Really sorry to hear about the crash. While the corals may be lost, they live on in these pages, and in the knowledge you've gained. Your dream coral garden will rise again like a phoenix. Thank you for inspiring the rest of us. And sharing this journey with us.

Mark,

That truly is a blow to the gut!! Your macro shots are what brought me back into the hobby, I met you once at a Burger King (something to do with not allowing military members near your house) to get a few of your corals, I long since gave them all away when I moved, and I'm sure they're still floating around SoCal.

I'm glad that you're not being discouraged and willing to get right back into it. Just remember, it was never about the destination, it was always about the journey!

I'm sorry to hear about that. I know how bad the fires can be (I live in Santa Barbara). I'm glad that you haven't lost your will to keep reefing. Take your time and get back into it when you're ready.

I am very sorry to hear this, Mark. Important thing is that you and family are safe. I am sure your reef will bounce back very quickly.

I haven’t had a tank in a while but from time to time I would log onto RC to check up on your tank. Sorry to hear the bad news. I know all too well what it’s like to be evacuated as I had to deal with the Holy Fire. Best of luck and can’t wait to see what’s in store

Just saw this update. I’m very sorry for you! Your Reef was one of the nicest I’ve seen.

I'm so sorry for your tragic loss Watchguy123. Stumbled upon this thread a couple of days ago and I just got to the end. Actually made an account on RC to post this.

Thank you for the amazing pictures. Phenomenal. I hope you're still in the hobby and I'm sure you'll bounce back in no time.

Ps. Who is this guy Z? I've never heard of this vendor.

Your fan.
Yifeng

I am also sorry for your lost. I went through similar problem. I even got a generator but somebody shut if off. after it was running several days. Shut off the Natural Gas to it. :(
Best of luck restart your tank.

Back