Tips: When Posting A New Thread

Rock Anemone

S.C.U.B.A. :)
I have been browsing the forums and have seen a large amount of threads entitled, "Dumest Question Ever," "Stupid Question," "Useless Question," etc.

It dosen't help drive people to your thread when making topics like this.

It's better to name your thread according to the context in it. It will help people with the same question get information. It will also interest people more and drive more activity to your thread.

Second, when asking questions about your tank such as lighting, filtration, bioload, trace elements and feeding, sick inhabitants, provide information on your setup.

Such as:
- Tank Size
- Lighting
- Filtration
- Inhabitants
- Water Parims "alk, calcium, PH, ammonia, nitrates, nitrites."
- And any other helpful information according to your question.

Also, use the search feature before posting new threads, many of your questions have already been answered. You can find the search feature on top of the forum:

So, please name your topics according to your thread and I guarantee you will get more replies and helpful advice.

Rock Anemone:D

A very good point! Here's one more. TRC is going to try to monitor posts with no replys to make sure people don't get lost in the rush. So try not to repost to your own thread before you get an answer. Otherwise at a quick glance it may appear that you have already gotten an answer.

Main reason I posted here, was to get this one off of radar. :D

I agree, hopefully a moderator can sticky this thread so it dosen't fall off the page. That way hopefully it will give people a general idea on how to post.

Yea , another way to get hits on your thread is to come up with some adictive fricken game thread like , One word can be said , and make it so people JUST CANT STOP POSTING NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY TRY .

I have also wondered how people would get answers with those titles. Great idea Rock.

Siddroww, just wondering about your punctuation. Is that the convention poeple use in the state of intoxication?

Philip :rollface:

Nice post. I've been thinking this very same thought since I joined. Speaking only for myself, there's simply too many posts on RC for me to read all of them, so I browse subjects and only enter the ones that interest me. You put a bad subject, and I don't enter. Simple as that.

Another thing I wish people would do, is on FS/FT posts, at least put the state they're in on the subject line when selling larger items that they won't likely ship. Mostly this applies to people selling tanks/stands.

isildursbane said:

Siddroww, just wondering about your punctuation. Is that the convention poeple use in the state of intoxication?

The only way to know for sure is to visit my lovely state .

Siddroww said:
The only way to know for sure is to visit my lovely state .

I vacation there frequently and highly recommend it!
drunkard.gif

This is the dumbest thread ever. :D

I'll stick it up there Rock and

Hi Eastcoast
[welcome]

Usually I leave welcoming bikers to Jay, Wizardgus, but he is busy answering dumb threads right now so I'll do it. ;)

Scuba PRO

I agree, hopefully a moderator can sticky this thread so it dosen't fall off the page. That way hopefully it will give people a general idea on how to post.

Rock Anemone

:lol:

That is what I like; stickying a 6 month old thread. But, since I'm in a reasonable frame of mind, a rare condition, I'll do it, for the sake of the team. ;)

Where do you Newbies come up with this stuff?

No wonder they're getting nitrate spikes, this had to be so far down in the DSB it was sure to stir up a lot of gunk dragging it out of there. :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=1149936#post1149936 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rock Anemone

i agree

Back