Today really, really sucks

jkhudson

I had to put my greyhound CSI down today. She ran into the patio door the day before yesterday and started howling in pain. I took her to the vet and x-rays showed her leg broken. It looked like someone snapped a toothpick. When the surgeon looked at the pictures he said that the reason it broke like that was she had bone cancer. Other pictures showed it pretty advanced. I could've had it amputated but that would only give us 6 months. To me that would only be selfish and cruel, to extend her pain like that. She got me through some of the darkest times in my life. I will miss her terribly. I'm trying to concentrate on how blessed I was to have her, but all I feel is the pain of her absence. She was my bestest friend.

Sorry for your lose. While Dogs are only in our lives for a short period of time, they can quickly become an irreplaceable member of our family. What a hard choice you had to make.

Man I'm sorry to here this. I have had to put down 2 family dogs in my life and it was harder then any funeral I've ever been to. Prayers coming your way. Keep your head up.

Definitely sorry to read that. It breaks my heart when I hear something like this. Feeling for you, bro.

Sorry brother. I lost a rot the same way a few years ago. Its hard but you made the best choice for her. Defunately one of the hardest things to do.

I am so very sorry and my heart goes out to you. Each of my dogs have a place in my heart just as CSI has in yours and always will. Know that it was because you loved her that you did what you had to do and before long her memories will only bring you smiles.

Thank you for all the kind words and thoughts. My other dog misses her as well. He has really bad seperation anxiety and ate my plantation shutters. I came home to a pile of splinters. I don't know what set him off but it must of been something else. I felt so miserable Wednesday night I didn't even do Holloween. I hope the 5lbs of candy I bought keeps until next year..

Back