tomato clown?

Zestay

so just got my first clown. LFS said its a tomato , but this guy has two stripes. how can i tell the diffrence or is he going to lose his rear stripe with age?

If you can post a picture, I'm sure that you would get a quick response as to the ID. Juvenile Tomato clowns do have a second stripe that goes away upon maturity so your LFS could be correct.

mkay, was kinda hoping hed hang onto that stripe.. since hes still small ( 1.75 inchs about ) could i pair it up or do you think hes made the change into a female already

A large mature tomato would probably pair up with that clown without too much trouble. Preferrably, you would have the large female established in the tank first but with a large differential in size the two should still pair up. It's unlikely that a tomato with juvenile markings has made the transition to female. It is most likely tank raised and less than one year old.

cool thanx. would adding another clown ( same size ) be harmful to them? or would they be harmful to each other. or should i wait till it gets larger first.

Two young juveniles can become a pair over time with patience/observation. One will outgrow the other and take the female role. It make take several months to see a true pair bond.

Back