Topless AP24, net cover for jumpers

fishouttawater

Hey guys, here's a pic of my AP 24, LEDs sitting on top and wooden DIY cover for back chamber. Anyone constructed a frame for net-topping for a similar setup? Recommendations? Would like to get everything from lowes/HD...thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
There was a guy in San Francisco that figured out a way to bend aluminum windor screen frames to make nice looking covers. I had some old frames, so I tried it, but it would crease before I got any sort of usefill bend. The screen only lasts a couple years and actually blocks a lot of light. I was suprised how much it cut the par.

here's what I went with. Netting from brs, aluminum framing from HD and acrylic cut to fit bow-front....I'm happy with how it turned out, and if there is some reduction in PAR it must be very little.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0
here's what I went with. Netting from brs, aluminum framing from HD and acrylic cut to fit bow-front....I'm happy with how it turned out, and if there is some reduction in PAR it must be very little.

Very nice! i have yet to hear anyone having drastic par reduction using the brs nets.
would be cool if you had figured out a way to put a hinge on the front piece.

Very nice! i have yet to hear anyone having drastic par reduction using the brs nets.
would be cool if you had figured out a way to put a hinge on the front piece.

A regular plastic tank-top hinge works on these. I use them as well. Screen to screen and screen to acrylic both.

Here is a pic with hood and led's removed...just made the aluminium frame flush with the overflow and extend out until the bowfront. Cut acrylic with a hacksaw (was a PITA lol)

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
That looks good! I have a 28 gal bowfront so I've been wondering how to do this. Looks like it turned out well for you.

Back