Transition from Zeovit

jumplittlechloe

I am considering using the Aquaforest line. These are the products I am considering starting to make the switch. Let me know if this sounds right or I should add/change anything:

Probiotic Reef Salt
Pro Bio S
-NP Pro
Carbon
Zeo Mix

Here are some questions I have regarding making the switch:
I am thinking about stopping the Zeovit supplements and starting Pro Bio S and NP Pro and begin using the new probiotic salt.
1. How should I go about changing out the Zeolites? What amount of Zeolites would be recommended? Do you have to shake the stones? Would the Zeolites serve and the filter medium instead of using Siporax?
2. Is there a specific carbon amount I should start with? I plan on running it passively in the sump.
3. I have my system set up for constant water change. In all I change around 12 gallons a week 1.7 a day. I have salt mixed in a container with a pump turning the water. I refill the container 2x a week with 5 gallons of newly mixed water. Will this be an issue if I use the probiotic salt?
4. At what time and what additions should I consider additional supplementation (i.e. Coral A, B, V, E, and Coral Food)?

1. Zeolites works different that Siporax. If You have some zeolits now - You can use that.
We recommend to change zeolites every 4 weeks. There is no need to shake them.

2. For start You can use 400g of Carbon.

3. We recommend to use prepared salt water with Probiotic Reef Salt for 24 hours from mix. Probiotic salt mixed longer than 24h will not work effectively.But is safe to use

4. It depends of Your range of corals. Can We see photo of Your tank? ( corals, size of corals etc.)

Last edited:
1. Zeolites works different that Siporax. If You have some zeolits now - You can use that. We recommend to change zeolites every 4 weeks. There is no need to shake them. So should I leave in the zeolites I have in now or replace them with the Zeo Mix? When using the Zeo Mix is there a recommendation for a start dosage? Also, should I use the Siporax?

3. We recommend to use prepared salt water with Probiotic Reef Salt for 24 hours from mix. Probiotic salt mixed earlier than 24h will not work effectively. Would I be ok using the regular reef salt? If so is there anything that I would need to add/change not having the probiotic in the reef salt?

4. It depends of Your range of corals. Can We see photo of Your tank? (corals, size of corals etc.) The tank has been setup 4 months and I have only added some frags.

Attachments

• IMG_3095.jpg
    IMG_3095.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 0
  • sump.jpg
    sump.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
You Can use Your zeolites what You have already.
If You want to replace that for Zeo Mix - You Can use over 300g (10.5 oz)
You Can use siporax - thats medium for bacteria.

You Can change Your water with Reef Salt.
After water change You Can add Pro Bio S (Probiotic Bacteria) and -NP Pro (carbon source)

We recommend to start feeding corals when You will have more corals.

Aquaforest

Any recommendation for Siporax amount? Also regarding feeding is there a product to start with (i.e. Coral A, B, E, V, Coral Food)?

What is the purpose of the Siporax vs the Zeolites in the system? I know that in the current system I am running I pump the Zeolites to release the mulm on them. Is this the case with the Aquaforest Zeo Mix?

What is the purpose of the Siporax vs the Zeolites in the system? I know that in the current system I am running I pump the Zeolites to release the mulm on them. Is this the case with the Aquaforest Zeo Mix?

Yes - Zeo Mix it's zeolites and It works the same.

Back