Tree Sponge

equinecpa

How many of you have tree sponges (or ball sponges) in your seahorse tanks? Do the sponges do OK in seahorse type setups?
I'm considering one but don't want to cause its demise.

I'm familiar with their care ie don't let them get in contact with air, feed phyto, medium flow, low light but I just want to make sure I'm not buying something that is just doomed to die in my tank.

And are sponges bothered at all by seahorses hitching to them and for that matter do seahorses like to hitch to them?

Carolyn

I have kept a tree sponge a little over a year. Had a hair algae outbreak and lost it.

I have had more luck with ball sponges. Have been able to sustain them for longer periods.

I have had an orange tree sponge for 5-6 months and it seems to be doing fine so far, but I don't think it really counts as long term success yet! :)

I've had a huge cup-shaped orange sponge for almost a year, in with my SH's. No problems at all..if it starts looking dirty, my hermits always clean it up really nicely. I don't know the name of the sponge (I'll look for it if you want).

Please do look ! ! !

I have seen several of these in various species, but am leary to buy because of the bad rep.

Back