Trigger Fish and Seaweed Problems

hey freshyfresh

you can add the water right now if its cold, but once u start putting corals in i'd suggest getting the water closer to room temp of that of ur tank. I'd go out to the LFS or online and buy a small powerhead(20$) and small heater(10$) and make ur water a couple days before your going to do ur water change. I would NOT take ur heater outta of ur tank, they are very sensitive and cant break. (if u take from hot to cold) .. When you say target ur rocks, do u mean when u add the water? if so then yes, it wont stirr sand up- but u should also use a power head or when u syphon water out to blow crap off the rocks. If u cant read all ur rocks dont worry bout it. get as much as you can. its like freshwater water changes , but dont forget the salt :)

I am only going to do a 5 gallon change. Thats the biggest bucket I have. I am working on getting my trigger out he seems to linger around the food ring all day so it shouldn't be hard to get him. My saltwater mix has been arriating for about 12 hours now and there is still some salt mix on the bottom. Should I wait to add the water in untill all of the salt is disoved? I have been stirring the water though for about 1-2 hours last night and about 30 min today and there still is some salt on the bottom of the bucket. I am using instant ocean its the same salt I first put in my tank most of it was in chunks when I added it to the bucket. I am thinking about taking out my two 15 watt light fixtures there is no space for them and my 65 watt light. Does this affect any mushroom's that I get?

I am crossing my fingers on this one......

Took out my trigger only got 10$ back out of 25:mad: the guy at the store told me that I would have another year with him before I would have to take him out. I feel like im tugged everywhich way here but w/e I took him out and got some snails to chill with my damsel and my algea blenny. Saltmix still hasn't fully disoveled any suggestions.

Do you have an extra powerhead? Put that in your bucket and it will help to stir up the water (Mixing in the undisolved salt and oxygenating the water).

You really did the right thing taking that trigger back and that store owner is an idiot! According to his logic, it would be ok for someone living in a itty bitty apartment to get a St. Bernard puppy because they could just get rid of it in 6 months when it got to big. The sad thing is you had to take it back to him and he'll probably sell it to someone else with a small tank. Good going :rollface: You could also get an air pump and stick a diffuser in your salt mix along with a heater.

Back