Tropic Eden Reeflakes

Any recommendations on how much I would need for a 92 corner?

I would suggest using approximately 45 - 55lbs total if you're just wanting a shallow bed to cover the bottom. If you want a little more to create high and low spots, then go with 60 - 70lbs.

WOW!!! Just received my 120 lbs of this stuff... fast shipping... in the original Tropic Eden boxes seen above....

Let me just say, if anyone is on the fence about ordering this sand.... DON"T BE!!! It is beautiful....BRIGHT WHITE, perfect grain size... I can not WAIT to get my tank up and running so I can get this stuff in there....

Don't wait if you are wanting to order because last time it ran out it was months before they got some in again.....

Thanks Premium Aquatics....another happy customer!

One question....I know I need to lightly rinse it.... can I just rinse it in a bucket with the garden hose??? ....I don't have to use RO/DI water do I??? I will never have enough RO water to do that.

Last edited:
it's sugar sand :)

I just got my 40b set up with reef flakes and made a remote DSB with aragasnow... it's beautiful stuff, perfect!

Just ordered 120 lbs to finish filling a 220. Premium has been getting way too much of my money lately, and something tells me I'm not done yet lol.:bum:

Anybody know the grain size on the Miniflakes and the Reef Flakes? How much would I need for 1 to 2" max in a 73"x30"?

I have not taken exact grain size measurements, but I'd say the Reef is around 2.5mm, while the Mini is about 1mm in size. Figure these sands at about 75-80lb cu/ft using the sand bed calculator here on RC.

Jeremy

How many bags of the Tropic Eden Reeflakes Aragonite Sand would I need for a 28x28 Cube.

Jeremy
I'm new to this and trying to figure out what would be best. I've read lots of opinions on this sight and seems like there are a wide range. I was thinking two inches?

Back