Tunze 9415 skimmer help.

LStorm

Hoping to contact Roger.

I broke off the threaded nipple that the hydr foamer attaches to while servicing/cleaning the skimmer. Temporarily repaired using cyanoacrylate glue. Is there a way to replace that part?

Advice please.

Thanks.

On the body or the pump? Yes, but they are not easy, you essentially drill them out and glue in a replacement, I would need to check on getting the part.

I have that part, I have replaced one once and you need to remove the black plate to get good access inside, you need to save or replace the connector and T piece inside. The threaded fitting you will basically carefully sand out with a dremel and glue in the new one. We use Tangit at the factory, it is made by Henkel but to my knowledge they don't sell it in the US and because it is flammable, I can't import it. I would either use Testers model cement or PVC/ABS cement from the hardware store.

Hello, I am in a similar situation, in my case it has broken right at the joint. I bought the spare part but I don't see a way to remove the part that has remained inside the skimmer body in order to replace it. I would appreciate any help. Thank you !!

Attachments

• IMG20230713172601.jpg
    IMG20230713172601.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 4
This part is glued in, to remove it, you will need to very carefully grind out the fitting, I recommend a dremel with a sanding drum at lower speed as you only want to grind out the glue joint and not enlarge the hole. You then glue in the new one with acrylic/abs cement.

At the moment and since I am afraid of sanding the glue, I have glued a 20mm piece of PVC internally and for the moment it seems resistant as it has been. But I have doubts about whether changing the caliber from 25 mm to 20 mm in these 4 cm used for the repair will produce pressure changes at the entrance of the water from the pump that could modify the behavior of the skimmer. Thanks for the answer and if you tell me that the solution I have adopted is not going to be efficient, I will try the one you have told me. And again thank you very much!!

Attachments

• IMG20230717181407.jpg
    IMG20230717181407.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 1
I am unsure how this will work, it is a definite restriction, I don;t know what the impact will be, on the other hand, a proper repair is now much more difficult especially if that glue has set up. I would probably undo it if possible, but you may just have to try it.

I'm testing it and it seems to work fine. If it doesn't work well, I don't see any problem in applying the recommended solution since the tube I used goes inside the original, I can remove the pump and sand the glue from the original without problem (maybe I should cut the threaded part to facilitate sanding). Thanks again for the help and the solution !!

Attachments

• IMG20230717200255.jpg
    IMG20230717200255.jpg
    718.1 KB · Views: 1
Back