Tunze master DOC 9420 skimmer

snake1

Premium Member
I just picked up this skimmer and it doesn't have the pumps that originally came with it I believe from the tunze website that it should have two tunze hydrofoamer 9420.04 pumps but those are really pricey do you guys think it can be modded with some other pumps ...I do have two sedra 5000 pumps and can recirculate the skimmer and have a feed pump ....let me know your thoughts on what you would do. Or if you have some hydrofoamer pumps laying around that you don't need and want to sell lmk ..thanks

Last edited:
Well I worked as fast as I could to get this done tonight and I just did some quick plumbing that will be fixed later to make a cleaner look... I wanted to see if this would even work and Im pleased with the results I added the two sedra 5000s and the gate valve from my euro reef recirculating 6-2 skimmer ...the new tunze has an 8" body and a little more skimming capacity so after 5 mins its already pulling some thick foam I'm expecting in 24 to 48 hours it will be much better....

Attachments

• IMG_20150601_194056.jpg
    IMG_20150601_194056.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20150601_194104.jpg
    IMG_20150601_194104.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 0
Cool, Hope it works good. Looks good so far

Thanks Jim I'm hoping it will I'm sure it will need some tweeking but I'm just amazed I fit it into my sump it was quite the ordeal I had to make the pumps remote from another chamber just to make this happen

Just an update I have been tweeking the gate valve since I started it a few days ago and came home today to more than a ¼" of nice brown liquid so its Working pretty nice.....

Yeah its a step up from the euro reef 6" to the tunze 8" so hopefully I will pull some more gunk out of the tank its not a huge upgrade for a bigger tank upgrade but for a cheap project For now and its working pretty good I'm happy so far with the change ..

Here's a quick comparison its funny the picture doesn't do the size difference justice, the 8" cup is huge

Attachments

• 1433460894578.jpg
    1433460894578.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 0
Back