Tunze Nano Osmolator 3152 Pump

Bryan

Hello Roger:

Purchased a nano 3152 recently, and noticed that the pump appears to be the same as the larger Osmolator model. Can I interchange the two pumps, my old Osmolator probably before 2015 died, water got into the box. But the pump is still good. Since they are consumables can I use the old pump until it wears out?. Seem to recall couple years ago there was a change to the pumps and the voltages, so maybe not possible. Thought I would ask.?

Yes, pump is the same, the main difference is the 3152 gives the pump much less power, as a result it is possible that an older pump with wear may not work on the 3152 though it could work on the 3155, it can need more power than a 3152 can deliver.

Thanks Roger. turns out I had purchased a spare pump before the 3155 gave up the ghost. So have two new pumps that should last me awhile.

No problem, I just wanted to add this caveat as it often is a source of confusion with what can be wrong with a Nano Osmolator, the customer sees the pump works on a power source or for a short time on the Nano Osmolator, and assume the controller is bad, it is a safety of the Nano Osmolator that a bad pump is detected and the power to it cut and the threshold is lower than on the Osmolator.

Thanks Roger, good to know. In my experience the pumps last a very long time, unless using Kalkwasser.

Back