Tunze osmolator malfunctioning?

aandfsoccr04

For the past week or two my controller has had the yellow light on for water low and pump on light but doesn't pump any water. I took everything off the system and then put it back on tonight and then when I put the sensor in the sump and turned it on it said the water was too high and gave the alarm noise even though the water was several inches below the line. What's going on? Please advise.
Thanks

I am not sure the two issues are related, in the first case did the pump not come on or did the pump come on but no water was pumped?

In the second case, keep in mind the float switch is a magnetic switch, if the magnet holder is misaligned or another source of magnetism is near the float or the float is installed wrong on the holder this can cause the magnetic switch to activate. The bottom of the inner and outer magnets must line up and no other source of magnetism should be near the float, the float must be securely in the larger C shaped clip and the black magnetic ring in the float should face up, it is possible to undo the c clip on the float post and reverse the float so the switching action is opposite.

Sorry about that Roger. I had a brain fart and accidentally put the magnet on upside down for some reason. You are correct and the two issues are not related. The first and only issue is that the yellow light comes on but the pump does not ever turn on and pump any water. I will watch it over night and see if it pumps water into it. If not, where should I go from here? Thank you for your reply.

The next step is to remove the pump and touch the wires to a 9V battery, just the common household kind that you would use in a smoke alarm for example. Polarity doesn't matter. If it doesn't work, we know the pump is dead and a new pump is what is needed.

which wires am i supposed to connect to the battery? The wires inside the pump or the wires that connect to the clear plastic piece or the wires that go into the water level unit?

The only wires you should be able to access are the two of the pump, they are bare ends that screw into a european terminal with 4 screws, two secure the wires from the controller to the pump and two secure the wires from the pump. You unscrew the pump and touch the bare leads of the pump to a 9V battery.

The pumps are available from Marine Depot, Bulk Reef Supply, Premium aquatics and many others. It is the only pump the stock osmolator can use- 5000.020.

Back