Undulated moray

I like that video, and that tank. could do without the shark I think - but other than that, wow, predator city.

looks like buddy has "moved on"... I wonder how it happened this time?

Buddy? am i missing something?

I spoke to the owner of that tank Dmack, he said that the eel and it's inhabitants were sold off some years ago. He had no problems with the undulated ray, only tank mate it ate was a zebra moray. Lives happily with the dragon moray for a long while. Apparently the undulate is 3.5' now and still lives with the dragon!

Dragon Moray Eels - his name is buddy. If you look under his screen name it says "moved on". That means he was banned from Reef Central.

DME, Asked to have his account ban himself which really SUCKS! IMO. Due to some other "RC" member That also Is a Member on another site that was very nasty to Him I guess, all the post where deleted where he was explaining it to a MOD.

I was going to ask you T-T Trigger if you Had his Email address?
I forgot to get it from him and know He's Gone.

His info is going to be lost to all NOW!

:smokin: Later.

Then this is like the third time he asked to have his account deleted. He is prone to going off the deep end on a regular basis. Believe me when I tell you that this is not the only board where this has happened either. Multiple times on multiple boards (one of which I moderate so I saw all the crazy details). sorry, but I don't have his e-mail.

Back on track...

I decided against moving the lone male blue spot. The undulate and blue spot seem to be getting a long fine. At first the undulate was quite inquisitive of its new tankmate. But over the last few days has settled down alot, living in his big empty piece of lime stone. Both are eating fine.

I know alot (more then likely most) will not agree with this combination. I think if caution is expressed and your homework done, almost anthing is possible in this great hobby. The store I bought the undulate from had had it in a bit of a mixed pred tank, with some smaller tankmates. So obviously this fish was not a 'cold blooded killer' and has lived atleast its most recent months of life with the company of other fish. I think this is a big factor when keeping predators. Something I always took into account with FW preds.

I am fairly new when it comes to keeping SW ornamentals, having only kept them privately for the last 3years. I am still getting used to what is available here in perth in the way of predators.

My questions; if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone managed to get pups out of their blue spots?

What other tankmates would you recommened that would have the toughness to survive with the undulate?

Cheers in advance...

Alex

ok if i were you i eould take the blue spot out. but it seems you are not going to. i will warn you though, even though they seem like the best of buddies now, the won't be in the near future. i had a friend who kept a lion and a 3' tessy eel for the longest time but one day it all changed and the tessy ate him in 1 gulp. so be aware of this.

If i see that their are any problems or the moray significantly outgrows the ray in the near future, then the ray will be moved to another tank.

DragonMorayEels

DragonMorayEels

Buddy if you are still subscribed to this post, and get this note please PM me, or email me at hrdneglcry@sbcglobal.net
I want to pick your brain a little about some of the marine life that I am keeping. We have talked before about my Tess Eel.

sounds like the eel found a nice home. i don't have any words of advice, never kept a tessaleta eel before, but they sure are beautiful.

best of luck, and pics when you get em.

Back