Unknown Montipora ID needed

Shooter9er

I have never seen growth like this from a montipora. Anyone have any ideas? I cannot take the credit for the coral it is from Illusion in our PNWMAS club.

TIA,

Kyle

DSCF3427.jpg

here is another picture before it turned the pink color and started to take on the Whirls..

DSCF0096.jpg

I can more than likely get better pictures if you like as well... Its an Interesting piece and besides my soli its one of my more than favorite pieces..

James

Ehh I just happened to be here from looking at a previous post... Longest time it took me was to find the old pictures of it from a long time ago..

James

its a plate that is starting to branch....plating corals will grow vertical in shallow water and plate in deeper water....

Looks like a nodulating pink(orange) cap. I just picked up a green one from a local reefer. I'll try and put up a pic tomorrow. It's one of the cooler looking caps I've seen.

Montipora Aquituberculata

Aquituberculata grows with nodules and sometimes branches protruding from itââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢s surface. I have green Aquituberculata.

Last edited:
Whats your lighting? mine went from orange to pink when i switched from 20k to 13k, when I switched back to 20k it went back orange again.

Mine are 10k bulbs... I dont mind it pink or Orange.. Its the awesome growth pattern that I personally like.. Its been in several different locations so I know its not the flow thats doing it... It also doesnt have any features that are the same as any of my other caps... I have an Orange Cap that was Directly next to it.. I believe this piece Originated from Steve Weast a few years back on a shipment...

James

Back