update on blue line

I hope that wasnt the one you planned on keeping? And on the plus side of keeping three - even if one dies you still have two more... :D

..that sounds a little cold-blooded, doesnt it??? lol

danorth, its been a while, but here is a pic of my boy.....unfortunately, im going to be getting out of the triggers for a bit so i can get my tank up to a less aggressive and very clean tank. but nonetheless, heres my guy.

IMG_3937.jpg

man, he was about 3.5 inches or so a summer ago....after a little over one year in my 220, he is easily 7 inches long head to tail. and yes, hes extremely fat. haha

Damn, that is a good sized one! Nearly the size of the one I lost a year ago to bad oyster meat.

Trigger, it was an indo one, not the more unique little 2, but a blue line none the less!

Titan, it would take a long time to get to that point I think. I haven't heard of anyone keeping one into the 10's or 12's you know? Let alone 20's.

But either way, I replaced the dead one with a new indo 2.5" one today, but it is in the house tank and I am hell bent on getting it to eat pellets.

On the topic of pellets, the 2 queens I have, the one that eats only pellets has grown much slower than the one that eats 90% shrimp, 10% pellets. The difference at start was about 1/2", not is is a 1.5" difference in about a month and a half.

There was a guy on a site that had one around 10" but it still had the yellows. It was pre-dominantly blue with yellow dots, and kept alone in a 180. The site is near dead but I'll go see if I can dig up a pic.

Back