Update on Cujo the A. Nigripes clown

Sorry for your loss Scott. I haven't been on RC very much since Ike but I definetly feel your pain. Hurrican Rita killed my spawning Nigripes and they were very much my favorite.

Raise those babies!

Howdy Kris,

Happy to hear from you and hoping you and yours are well.

Thanks again to all the folks for well wishes, etc.

A couple of the babies, mid size, look like nigripes now.

There are some monsters which are twice the body mass, show no signs of changing, eat anything, and are always on the prowl. Most folks would say they are juvenile "chromis" vs clownfish. Will try and get some pictures today, but the post meta clowns rest in the corners, etc., and have proven tough to photograph in this tank :rolleyes:

That's real sad. I know what you mean about losing "enthusiasm". Same here when my spawning nigripes passed. Having surviving offspring makes things better. I only have one survivor, which is paired with a WC. You have many to choose from to start another pair so don't get too down. Once they start showing that "cujo" personality, you'll be up again.

Dan

5 weeks in, this is one of the middies, no second stripe, but showing black on anal fin. Obviously eating well :lol:

14159DSC_0743-crop.jpg

While there are 20+ still in there...I figure 10+ are dominating the batch and looking solid.

Dad is looking great, as always, although a bit lonely :(

Very cool about the fry. Sorry 'bout Cujo. I have a pair I put together some months ago. While the "female" is growing very fast compared to the "male." I have to hide if I have any hope of catching a glimpse of them. They always hide. They have lots of room and no aggressive tankmates. They're just weird clowns I guess.

Sorry about your lose, but at least you have fry. This is quite an accomplshment as nigripes are very aggressive. Don't get discouraged and raise the fry to adulthood. You can get a mate for you male at Blue Zoo Aquatics if you don't want to wait. Good luck.

Thanks folks :)

These little guys seem to grow very quickly, 1/3rd of an inch at this stage and 10ish look like they'll be well formed, etc.

"Dad" still hanging in there, not sure if I'll pair with a youngster or find him a new home.

I'll see if I can grab some representative pictures this weekend :)

Back