URS Buffalo Spring Frag Swap: Saturday, June 8th at A Reef Creation (Official Thread)

and what ratio of actinic to the 14k please? I find that white lights tend to wash out colors and I'm thinking you must have more actinic than the 14k?

400w halide + 96w actinics (2 x uvl super actinic and 2 x ATI blue+). I don't really like a very blue tank but the actinics did really help make the rics pop. I can't say I agree that white lights wash out the colors, they just warm them up a bit. Here's a pic of the reef before I even put the actinics on. I've re-arranged the tank since this pic was taken, but you get the idea.

014-3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Does anyone know how to get a hold of the two asian guys that are always at these frag swaps? I purchase my favorite acan from them at an ARC swap two years ago (see avatar), and it was consumed by a oenone worm infestation. Now the tank is reset I wish to pick this frag up again from them. The only catch is I have since moved to minneapolis, mn.

Any help is appreciated.

Hey JSTN,

It looks like some sort of a rainbow Acan you got? I have never been to the buffalo swap. Heck I've never paid much attention to corals till recently. There's a guy across the river from buffalo in Hamilton who keeps a lot of nice Acans.

he might be able to help. this is his site.

http://www.bigshowfrags.com/inventory.php?page=2&c=42

hey tnyr, that tank looks AMAZING and that was before you added more actinic? wow. I don't see the ricordias in it but I'll bet they pop in that light.

I think it might be the white LEDs I have had experience with, not metal halides. halides I understand are a full spectrum vs LEDS. That looks really nice. I'm admittedly a nub so I'm still learning about lights and corals. I don't want to turn this into LEDs vs halides question,... but do you think corals look better under halides vs. white LEDs? I mean using a combo of halides instead of white LEDs and blues coming from either actinic or LED.

ps. I am partial to orange and I seem to be buying everything orange.. I need to diversify LOL.

Bayinaung, why not PM me with your questions and I'll try to answer them more in depth. I don't want to hijack the swap thread :).

400w halide + 96w actinics (2 x uvl super actinic and 2 x ATI blue+). I don't really like a very blue tank but the actinics did really help make the rics pop. I can't say I agree that white lights wash out the colors, they just warm them up a bit. Here's a pic of the reef before I even put the actinics on. I've re-arranged the tank since this pic was taken, but you get the idea.

014-3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking good Tony.

Fragswapper is all setup if you guys want to use it.

Dose anyone have any really nice efflo? Seems like I've been looking forever. Is it that hard to get? Maybe its a slow grower, hard to frag, or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough? If anyone has any they can bring me please let me know! Thanks, can't wait. Always one of my favorite swaps.

Lot's of sps ,zoanthidae , leathers, cyphastrea and some chaices will be available.I'll do a list later.

Hey Tom, any chance you have Cooked up that list yet? I got some corals from you a while back an really enjoyed them until my moving crash. I'm not sure if ill be coming to this swap but depending on selection I might have too.

hey guys... I think I'm going to show this year..I've been really sick all winter and my tank is disgusting atm...I am rebuilding from scratch this summer..out with the old in with the new..

Sorry to hear you've been sick. I've been sick for several months myself. Stop by my tank at the swap for a sympathy frag.

Sorry. RC rules do not allow selling for others.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys... I think I'm going to show this year..I've been really sick all winter and my tank is disgusting atm...I am rebuilding from scratch this summer..out with the old in with the new..
Bummer... your system was among my favorites. Stop by for old times sake!

Since fragswapper doesnt have too much on it I figured I would post my shopping list of frags I am interested in. I figured I would buy atleast 6 to 8 frags between my and a buddies tank. Nothing too difficult or out of the normal.

Hammer corals
Eagle eye or dragon eye and other interesting zoas
Torch corals.. longer tentacled
Riccordea
candycane
Trumpets

I'm considering making the drive from Ohio. Anyone interested in some of my corals let me know.
-3 head Purple Tentacle, green tip torch - $60
-Iron Man mushrooms - $40 apiece
-Green mushrooms - $10 apiece.
-Bronze mushrooms - $10 apiece.
-Leathers - $25 apiece (Not frags - good sizes.)
-Assorted Zoa frags - $15 - $30 depending on size. (Have Black Lotus, reds, pinks, orange, green available.)
-Paly colonies - $20 (Most of these are larger colonies with at least 25 - 50 polyps. (Greens, Golds, Bronze colors.)
- Monticapora frags - $10 1"X1" mounted.(Orange and Purple)
- RBTA with Fire Clown hosting. $80
- 5 head colony of Green/Purple tip hammer - $50.
- Fiji Live Rock - several hundred pounds. Most is covered in coraline algea, sponges, corals etc. $5/lb.

Pics upon request. My cell is 440-813-0196.

Thanks.

Is ARC going to provide bags for the vendors?

Any veteran vendors have a list of stuff that we should bring? So far I got:
  • money/change
  • calculator
  • water
  • heater
  • powerhead
  • tank/tubs
  • lights
  • bags?

A few reminders for vendors for tomorrow.

Towels, power strips, extension cords, bags, bands, Change, thermometer, cup to scoop water out of tank to pour into bag.

That's all I can think of right now.

$150 - 4x 48" T5 tek elite fixture. Not sure where the power supply for the fan is.

$215 - pair of 250 watt metal halide pendants with ice cap ballasts and in line power filter for noise. Phoenix 14k bulbs have 4 months on them

$150 - pair of 150 MH pendants with magnetic ballasts. Awesome lights. Have 14k Phoenix in them with 7 months on them.

$160 - large pendant reflector with magnetic ballast (the right one) and a radium bulb with 3 months on it. Awesome setup!

$50 - large pendant with Hamilton bulb of unknown age

$30 - DA MLC (moonlight) (no LEDs, not sure where they went in the move)

$45 - DA SW5

$100 - Reeflo Wahoo pump

$250 - Dolphin aqua sea 3600sp

$20 - ice cap 175w ballast

$15 - Viper halide ballast

Back