using magnets to hold skin on steel stand?

Hey Mako, the carved pieces I got from a local moulding dealer, and actually I saw something similar on here a long time ago, that's the part I borrowed from another reefer.
I had a build thread here but it's long gone.
Kinda hate to totally hijack this post, maybe I'll repost build.
Thanks for compliments guys, I work for praise as much as I do for $$LOL

I actually started out w/ magnets in mind for stand, and doors, but I found that Making a U shape cabinet will stand freely on it's own.
Mine is basically same concept, but wood frame instead of steel, but the whole things slides out so it's easy to move or pull out to get to equipment.
Here's mine;

cabinet025.jpg

cabinet027.jpg

cabinet052.jpg

cabinet095.jpg

cabinet087.jpg
Hey sorry to revive a super old thread.

Just wanted to know what kind of wood you used. I'm trying to wrap a steel stand and this is perfect for it.

Thanks

All good and it's always kind of funny to see these old posts pop up.
That wood right there is African Mahogany, one of my favs to work with, handles marine environment well and it's not as expensive as Honduran or the next upgrade which is teak.
I actually prefer the grain of the African mahogany.
Mine is finished in Red mahogany stain and a poly clear coat, minwax fast drying poly being my preference.

That particular cabinet and tank are long gone, replaced by my octopus canopy cabinet in my avatar, also African mahogany.

BTW that lighting makes it look more red than it actually is, this is more true of it's color and grain.
This is my present cab.

Back