VERSA release date?

africangrey

Anyone know when the release date for the single head VERSA will be? I think it will be a great addition to complement my calcium reactor. The problem is if it is made in China then it may take awhile for them to ramp up the production.

Aquatic Collection had some the last time I was there. I picked up two from them but haven't set them up yet.

Here's a video about the Versa, and I've forwarded to the part where it's mentioned that it's being made in the US (including the components), so I don't think parts stall production.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t4yTrAJFHgc?start=358" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

However, COVID-19 probably will because i think their offices are closed. They're supposed to ship a light to me but according to the tech support person I spoke to (who is working from home) they only have a skeleton crew at the office.

So what is special about this dosing pump versus others? I mean I saw the Ecotech video and I get that they're using a bit different technology in it. But is it really rated for continuous use on a calcium reactor?

So what is special about this dosing pump versus others? I mean I saw the Ecotech video and I get that they're using a bit different technology in it. But is it really rated for continuous use on a calcium reactor?

Yes it's rated for continuous use for calcium reactor. Kamoer is a good cheaper alternative. Regarding Versa, I would wait for next revision. People been having issues with theirs if you follow Ecotech FB group.

Yes it's rated for continuous use for calcium reactor. Kamoer is a good cheaper alternative. Regarding Versa, I would wait for next revision. People been having issues with theirs if you follow Ecotech FB group.

Good to know, yeah I'm in no hurry to jump on the Ecotech bandwagon quite yet.

But Kamoer is a cheaper alternative? I thought the FX-STP was like $100 more than the Versa?

Good to know, yeah I'm in no hurry to jump on the Ecotech bandwagon quite yet.

But Kamoer is a cheaper alternative? I thought the FX-STP was like $100 more than the Versa?

You are right. Not cheaper. But it's the other alternative most use. Thanks for correction.

I would like to replace my bulky and noisy MasterFlex with a Versa which has much smaller foot print, now I am having second thought after reading all the issues. might wait for the next version when they address all the kinks. what a bummer.

i'be been using a few of these and they are great. Thinking of replacing the masterflex with this but then again i have the nicer masterflex and they just run like tanks.

the initial issues were due to the push connects weren't working great but they remedied those.

Yup, they fixed the push connect issues (I had the issue on one of mine, they resolved it super fast). I’ve had mine about a month now. I’m using a pair for AWC pushing more than 40’ away, works like a champ.

This product is worth buying over others. Main reason, made in US of A. Anyone searching for the cheeper alternative, is going to end up funding some other country that hates Americans. Spend the extra. Buy American!

Hope everyone is safe.

Always remember to buy and hire American!

Been running this thing for 2 wks now and it is super loud from the get go, the tech support will send a replacement. From the FB group it looks like people have experienced the same issue and the replacement also behave the same loud grinding sounds that supersede any other equipments running at the same time.

Will update you guys when i get a new one but for any lurker out there my advise is to wait for the 2nd version before jumping the hoop. Ecotech marine customer support has always been super responsive nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Back