Very Worried

Since the API system isn't in favor for checking ammonia what does everyone use
Salifert is good and what I would recommend. Hanna is easiest (because it gives you a digital result with no guessing) but expensive for something you will hardly use after cycling. People also like Redsea but I've never used that one.

Salifert is good and what I would recommend. Hanna is easiest (because it gives you a digital result with no guessing) but expensive for something you will hardly use after cycling. People also like Redsea but I've never used that one.
I see they have allot of other tests. Do u recommend there products for other tests also

You just introduced a lot of live stock to a tank that has ammonia in it. Every single one of those animals is pooping/peeing and adding to the ammonia. They will likely die off because of the level of ammonia and further increase the ammonia and nitrate as well.

I see they have allot of other tests. Do u recommend there products for other tests also
I use Hanna for alkalinity and phosphate. There's nothing easier than Hanna's alkalinity test, and phosphate at the levels we try to maintain is impossible to read on Salifert but super easy on Hanna. I use Salifert for calcium, magnesium, nitrate, ammonia, ph (although ph is the one thing API is ok IMO). I don't really test anythig else.

You just introduced a lot of live stock to a tank that has ammonia in it. Every single one of those animals is pooping/peeing and adding to the ammonia. They will likely die off because of the level of ammonia and further increase the ammonia and nitrate as well.
Yes I know. My mistake was not checking NH before I had them send the rock and critters

Hi.
Been testing NH for last 2 days high. This is after using Brightwell 2caps 40ga tank first day then 2nd day. Not working still very high. Water changes just now of 5ga.
At a lost

IMO doing regular, even small daily, water changes might be your best bet at this time.

And take it slow, nothing good happens fast in this hobby.

I’ve been doing this since 1986. Unfortunately I’ve lost more livestock than many have even ever had. Lost a 300 gallon stock tank chock full of Acropora, Tridacna, anemones, etc due to an electrical failure. I’m not trying to say just blow off the losses, but don’t let them discourage you.

I’ve been doing this since 1986. Unfortunately I’ve lost more livestock than many have even ever had. Lost a 300 gallon stock tank chock full of Acropora, Tridacna, anemones, etc due to an electrical failure. I’m not trying to say just blow off the losses, but don’t let them discourage you.
I am not I just don't know what to do to get there ammonia down

I am not I just don't know what to do to get there ammonia down

Remove all live stock from your tank for starters. The problem will not go away until this addressed. They are only polluting the system and maintaining the Ammonia levels.

Back