Want to add two more fish

liv4speed1

Hello, I am posting on my brothers account. I'm fairly new to this hobby myself but have a nice some-what established tank.

It's a 90 gallon tank with around 55 lbs of Live Rock. This is a tank for an office, so we like a wide array of color in it.

Currently we have:
Purple Tang
Blue Hippo Tang (no comments on the tank size please)
Koran Angel
a general clean up crew

We would like to add a pair of Juv A. ocellaris to the tank. Would that put pushing the limits of what we can keep in there? This is really just a FOWLR tank, it has some Mushrooms in there but nothing major.

Thanks

(no comments on the tank size please)

Ok, so let me ask you this..... How am I supposed to make a livestock recommendation without commenting on tank size?

Go ahead and put them in, doesn't matter what people say, obviously you're gonna do what you want to do no matter what.

I don't think adding the clowns would be a problem, I just think one of the other fish probably need to go. Those fish get to large to all be in a 90 together.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11631367#post11631367 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rustybucket145
Ok, so let me ask you this..... How am I supposed to make a livestock recommendation without commenting on tank size?

Go ahead and put them in, doesn't matter what people say, obviously you're gonna do what you want to do no matter what.

I love the rude opinion. Thanks!

I did not want anyone to come in and start complaining about Hippo Tangs in a 90 gallon tank. We're going to set up a larger tank setup in about a month to put it in, and going to replace that fish.

r0bin thank you for the opinion

What kind of filtration do you have? 55lbs of LR in a 90gallon tank is no where near enough. 100 - 150 would be more beneficial.

If you're planning to upgrade in a month, then please wait to put in the new fish until the new tank is set up.

Justifying a livestock purchase based on future plans is often used as an excuse for housing fish in an improper environment.

Back