was my 75 build nows its my 110 tall

I think what he means is evening out the flow. Having the inlet at the 4 way connector will make most of the flow continue streight. If you adjust the valve at the end of that jet, it should create enough back pressure to force the current flow through the other two jets evenly. I may have missed your main concern on this, if I had, I apoligize.

lol i was afraid 3600gph plus another 800+ would be too much so i wanted to have the option of adjusting it....but more so it was so i would get equal amounts of flow....if i did like you said...would one of the exits get more gph out of it then the other 2? and can you post a link to your build, i can't find it and i am banned from hrrc lol.

I was thinking about doing the ball valves to adjust flow on mine too but that would have required much more thinking about plumbing than I was willing to give...haha. Plus I didnt have alot of room. Ill never do a hex tank again!

I honestly dont see the need to adjust it on a CL. Just use locline and adjust it that way ;)

Here ya go. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1388840

I didnt update it too much because there didnt seem to be much intrest on here in my build but if you have any questions just ask. I never did get pictures of how I decided to do my CL plumbing but its really simple and is working great.

ok so there is one way to get flow to those exits lol....if i use a ocean motion 4 way that would do it for sure...i just really do not want to buy one of those....although it would be sweet.

I've used flexpvc.com for a bunch of stuff, great site.

You'd be wise to get the OM 4-way if you haven't done so already. The holes on your tank are perfect for a 4-way. I wouldn't go with a 3-output manifold like you have pictured, you'll loose a lot of velocity out of each output. You could do a mini version of this instead: http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-08/totm/index.php

Hey Paulie.

Have you plumbed this already, and can you post your current design?

Also, if you haven't planned on it, you should utilize BeanAnimal's plumbing method. Your setup is exactly how I have mine. It runs absolutely silent, and is capable of handling a TON of flow... (I think up to 3,000 gph or more). I currently run it on my system, and won't ever plumb a tank another way.

i have not plumbed it yet....i just have my idea finally how i want to do my closed loop......and thanks for the reply....whats BeanAnimal's plumbing method??

now its the 110 tall

now its the 110 tall

WELL....after spending way too much money on all my new toys....i thought why use another 75 when my sump and skimmer can handle way more...so today i put my deposit down on my new 110 tall....should be in some time next week. I am debating on what i should do with my 75 that i drilled and all. If i could sell it i would but i think its a lost cause with all the special placed holes for my closed loop.....or i may keep it for a frag tank....sps would sure do well if i get another dart for it.

So as of now no more big changes.....but i will be using a OM 4 way on the 110....and am now looking at where i would like the the holes drilled and how i want my overflow to be. Ideas are always welcome and i know i change my mind often....but once the new tank is up...i will not be upgrading for many years so want to do it right first, even if it tanks longer then i had planned.

Oh and lighting....i will be keeping my coral fixture since i just bought it this last spring but will be keeping an eye out for 250watt halide set ups or 400 watt ones. Thanks for reading and following as always.

-Matt

If any of that is unclear...let me know please.

Good lord matt... haha.

Whos building the tank?

Can you plumb the 75 for a sump and maybe use your current sump as a fuge?

if i had a fish room, i would use the 75 i have now...that does not have all the holes in it as a fuge....and use the other 75 driller for the dart as a frag grow out tank....but i don't sadly...i might use one of the 75 gallons in another part of the house or just keep them for when i get my own house or something....don't want to make the electric bill go up too much lol.

oh and perfecto is the maker.....i looked at all glass and i just do not see the need to pay the extra for it...jeff said he would put a perfecto in his house and its less so i said cool.

LOl my name is matt and im a reefaholic. lol jk

I would do the same thing if i were you and had the necessary supplies/space.

Cant wait to see the update.

Any reason you didnt have Sean hook it up? I assume price.

Do you know the foot print of the 110? Can you fit the 75 under it for a sump?

Back