water change system

Chrisrush

Anyone have one currently setup?

I searched on RC but couldn't find anything with pictures or a good description. (I probably didn't use the right verbage, though.)

Anyways, I bought a pair of 30 gallon barrels from DP the other day and I built a little stand with some casters to roll around my kitchen. Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢m hoping to plumb it together this weekend but I wanted to see if anyone has any pictures. I plan on using a mag 3 for circulation/water removal coupled with a heater and removable hose.

Thanks,
Chris

Here's mine. One pump and one barrel.

Don

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dwacker/Reef related pictures/wc.jpg
wc.jpg

Looks good Don, as does most of your stuff.

Here's what I did.

I bought 2 - 30 gallon barrels from Dr. Pepper and using the skid that my tank came on, I mounted 6 small casters. I then drilled 2 holes in the bottom of the barrels, added uniseals and a short piece of pipe. I then added ball valves and unions to connect the 2 bottom loops. I then drilled a hole in the plywood so that I could get the bottom loop up to the mag 3 that I'm going to circulate the new water and remove the old water. I added a hose line to suck the water out of my sump. After the mag 3, there is another hose line to push the new water into the sump. The top loop is split between 2 lines, one to the left and one to the right, nsw and old saltwater. I have a heater and a thermometer on the skid as well.

I still need to get 1 more 45 or a 90 and then I'll be set.

And now, on to the pictures, then to bed, cause I'm exhausted:

Overall:

P1210167.jpg

A little closer:

P1210168.jpg

Close-up of where bottom loop meets up with the mag 3

P1210169.jpg

Input Hose line

P1210173.jpg

Top loop

P1210171.jpg

Bottom loop plumbing