Wave2k's are here!

How long do you think the suction cups will hold up??? Ive never had any luck with any others.

Hi Nek,

If all the suction cups failed the unit would still remain in place. The units are attached to the bracket. If you used none of the cups, the unit would function normally, but if you physically pushed the bracket then you might get some slight movement. Again, this would not be a cause for concern IMO. In fact when I 1st installed the unit I didn't even use the cups.

Well I got my corner unit installed thanx to tentacles pics but the shaft with the large pully wont turn. Jody had mentioned that it might be a little stiff and to hand turn it and it should take off. Ive been messin with this thing all weekend and no dice. I can get it to run on its own for a few seconds than it stops. Anyone have similar probs or suggestions?

Cruehead that doesn't sound normal. Did you use 1 set of spacers (in order to keep the unit up higher), or did you use both sets of spacers (keeping the unit lower). If the answer is one set, then what's happening is the screws are too long and the plunger is hitting them and stopping (you will need to cut the screws a bit if you want the unit higher up, I'll give you the required length the shorter version has to be (as I have a set here) if in fact this is the case). If the answer is both sets, then did you screw in those tiny nylon screws (there's 2 of them) that are next to the plunger washer (those screws are not intended to be screwed in by the way)? If the answer is yes, then carefully, and slowly try backing them out (they are nylon and if unscrewed too hastily they might snap). Back them out about a half inch, and turn the large pulley by hand. Keep turning until the plunger has gone both up and down and back again. Let me know if any of the above was relevant.

tentacle- I only was given one set of spacers (3) 1 for each of the 3 screws that hold the mounting bracket to the unit. the spacers cover about half the screw. I slipped the screws through the bracket and put the spacers on the underside of the bracket- the side closest to the unit. yes there are 2 small screws next to the shaft. Should I just take those all the way out? Does it sound like the 3 mounting screws are too long? Does it matter how high the pulleys are on their respective shafts?

Ok I really think the spacer issue is what's wrong. Your install procedure sounds perfect. You should have gotten 6 spacers (unless you spoke with Jody and you told him you wanted to keep the unit close to the top of the tank, therefore he would have given you the short screws and 1 set of spacers, but from the sound of things, this is not the case).

Do not touch those 2 tiny nylon screws, and the pulley height is irrelevant concerning your problem. Just call Jody tomorrow and tell him your problem, and that you think it's due to you only having 3 spacers, and he'll send you out another 3 spacers. You may want to ask him for 3 of the short screws while you're at it, as then you can try both setups, and decide for yourself if you want it higher or lower. He will not charge you for any of this. Good luck with everything, and I'm sure Jody will take care of you.

tentacle,
The wavemaker unit is very secure with the suction cups holding it in place. Its just the motor bracket that has a bit of play in it. I think that it is a spacer issue, but not a terribly big deal.

Sounds good Gas. I agree I don't think it's anything to worry about. Hey if you have a digicam, post a pic or two of your tank, I'd love to see it.

I should get my roommate to take some digital pictures for me. My stand and canopy should be finished and delivered in a week or two. Then I can start setting up this long awaited new tank.

i have been curious about these since i have seen them advertised and wanted a comparo to the tunze wavebox i have . hands down no comparision ! wave box for me ! yes i cost more money but the flow is way different. i would say "save for the wavebox " but this is only my opinion. also it seems alot easier to mount ( if you spring for the magnets ) !

gwaco said:
also it seems alot easier to mount ( if you spring for the magnets ) !

As a wavebox owner as well I almost had a heart attack that someone said this till I read what was in the parathesis. :lol:

Man this is an old thread... mungus Ive seem a few tanks with them in there or mentioned, so hopefully someone will chime in.

actually i was to cheap to buy the magnets ! so i made this bracket for about ten dollars ! works even better !
100_0897_0001.jpg

Thanks for the reply guys! I have not really researched the tunze wave box yet, but I have heard that they are not as good on tanks under 6' long. (probably just rumors) I have a 75E. Will this have any effect on the overflow?

Thanks
Brian

BTW nice looking bracket gwaco. If I go the tunze route I will probably copy your design. Thanks for the pic.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9644786#post9644786 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jlawson382
Hm. Bump 'cause I'm curious - anyone still running one of these?
I just installed one in a 210 on the back wall. The guy at Wave2k(for the life of me I cant recall his name) told me right up front it would not be enough for my tank. I am supplementing with two Seio 1500's, I cant really say I'm pleased but I'm not displeased either.
All in all I would say this unit would be great in a smaller tank or possibly mounted on the end wall of mine(which I cant do cause of my aquascape).
The unit is performing well without any difficulties to this point, It has been about two weeks.

Back