wavebox warranty

blix70

Hello Roger:
I bought a wavebox from preuss animal house before the price change and installed it in feb. the transformer has malfunctioned ( hot and bubbled ) i will get the exact date tom. If it is not covered what is the replacement cost.
thanks .
Matt

It has a two year warranty, the transformer is usually a symptom and not a cause so everything needs to be checked out, send in the pump, driver and transformer- do not send the actual box.

Tunze USA
1304 Monica St
Austin TX 78758

Roger:
thank you for the fast service, could you p.m. me what was the problem? i would like to make sure it was nothing i did.
thanks
Matt

problem again

problem again

no alarm, wavebox seems to be working ok, but i smelled something electrical burning. the transformer is beginning to bubble again. do i need to send in the whole unit again?

Have you cleaned the pump or checked for obstructions? It sounds like it is over drawing the capacity of the transformer, the usual cause is some obstruction of the pump.

haven't used it since

haven't used it since

disassembled, cleaned, put back together, ran pump in water but not in box and the transformer got hot again. i have mailed it back to your new address.
Matt Miller
4375 pointe aux peaux rd.
Newport, mi. 48166

I am very sorry Matt, I will thoroughly test it and make sure it is repaired properly.

Nothing to be sorry about, your service has been great, as well as the quality of all of the Tunze equipement i have bought.

Well, I found who it belongs to now :) You didn't include any contact info, sorry I had been racking my head on who it belonged to since last Wednesday. It seems normal other than the drive unit was damaged and locking up. I replaced it. The damage to the transformer is cosmetic only and very minor, the pump draws 62W which is normal at full power, no controller. By manufacture date it is out of warranty by a couple months. I will not charge for the drive unit, basically, it is free repair if you can live with a slightly blistered transformer. Should I return it or do you want a new transformer. If you have a receipt showing a later purchase date I can likely get the transformer covered.

:eek: sorry as an avid ebayer accept my apologies. i am talking to preuss pets now to see if they could dig up my transaction. i will let you know asap

hi Roger
steve from preuss pets is sending me a copy of my receipt which i will forward to you. Wavebox was purchased in april of 2005.

Back