website for base rock? (white from hawaii i think)

gfk

someone posted a link a month or so ago for a really cheap site that sold base rock from hawaii that was basically white rocks... anyone have that link?

I agree that reefer rocks is much better quality. I have used both and will pay a bit more for the reefer rock.

looks like Hirock is cheaper for me. 30 lbs for 35 bucks shipped where as reeferrocks is 5X.XX bucks for 20 lbs shipped.

i only need a few pounds but the baserock sold around here is like 5 bucks a pound which is what live rock should cost. i just want to tinker around with my tank so some cheap none live rock i can break up will be nice.... thanks!

ya i see your guys' points, but do you agree that if it will just be small application i already have like 28-30lbs in a 20 gallon? im just trying to fill some space, that hirocks will be ok?

The general rule I decided on when I was looking for base rock was that if the rock is going to be for display go for the reeferrocks. If you're more or less just using it to "build up" the rock work and use as support go for either one. :)

Back