Weeds

I disappear for long periods of time from forums like this too. It's not that I don't want to post, or check in, or read. It's just that I'm either busy with work or having fun outside, or just too tired to get on the PC on my free time after working all day long.
I hear ya!

I'm good. Some family stuff has kept me away lately. The tank's doing well, with the seagrass needing another pruning. Hopefully, things will get back to normal soon.
I figured that you and your tank were good. Still I am glad to hear that it is so!
Enjoy your summer and post some pics when you get a chance!

All good things…

Hey everyone. I'm going to have to take down my tank. A death in the family means I need to be mobile for the next several months. I won't be able to take care of it.

If I'm being honest, I'm ready for a break anyway. I look forward to it. I also look forward to wanting to get back in!

Thanks to all that have followed along. It's been an incredible journey and I've learned so much! Thanks also to Reef Central, which provided me a place to share ideas, failures and triumphs.

It's been an absolute blast!

Last edited:
Sorry Michael. I'm in that break now. Going through chemo sucks. I'm getting ready to start back up again. Stop around. I value your comments and genius.

Oh wow Michael, I am going to miss your posts, insights and generally just your amiable personality. I have enjoyed watching your tanks grow, morph and become natural beauties. I have learned a lot from you.

I chuckle how I stalked your version 1 for such a long time because I was afraid and intimidated to post. That seems so silly now.

Anyway, I wish you only the best during this break and hope you feel refreshed when the bug bites again for you to start a new tank.

God bless you and yours!

Seems like thing here.
@ my age & not wanting to leave it to the wife I sold 98% of what I had after a bout with what my son swears was Covid.
Even though I never tested positive.
I am going smaller after everything in the house is taken care of.
Sorry for your troubles Michael but good to know you still have the itch.
Don't be a stranger.

Seems like thing here.
@ my age & not wanting to leave it to the wife I sold 98% of what I had after a bout with what my son swears was Covid.
Even though I never tested positive.
I am going smaller after everything in the house is taken care of.
Sorry for your troubles Michael but good to know you still have the itch.
Don't be a stranger.
When I went smaller, I never looked back. My current tank is not tiny but with a 56 gallon display and 30 gallon sump it's not large by today's standards at all. It's enough however to keep my 12 fish, about 6 anemones and various soft Coral plus macro algae without being burdensome. It's been my favorite tank in the 25 years of having marine aquaria. I hope you find a tank that is just right for you!

Wow Michael, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family. Thank you for teaching me so much and your contributions here. I will miss you, your tank adventures, and your take on things. Best wishes in the months to come. I look forward also to your return to the game.

Hey Kevin and Dawn! Nice to hear from you two! I hope you and your tanks are doing well. I'm in Florida for the next few months, and doing well. I'm a tourist in my old neighborhood! It's so nice to get to the beach. A buddy loaned me a surfboard, so I'm getting reacquainted with surfing again. That's been a ton of fun and I'm getting a tan again!

I still check in with RC from time to time, but not near as much as I used to. Lurking! 🧐

That sounds fun! Glad to hear you're doing well Michael. Are you doing any scuba or snorkeling? I can't wait to get down to Florida again. We're into finding sharks teeth, and, of course, looking for blennies :)

Thanks Vinny!

Thanks Kevin! No snorkeling for me, as much as I'd love to. I don't think the water is clear enough here. It's more of a surfing/swimming/sailing/fishing kinda place, as far as I know at least. :unsure:

I love the ocean but don't get to be near it very much, so I am very jealous Michael, LOL. Enjoy your tourist time!

Thanks Dawn. I didn't realize how much I've missed the beach life. I do love my mountain home, but this is a very nice change of scenery!

Back