My seagrass tank

This is one of the most impressive displays I've seen. I've never personally seen a split-level tank in a home aquarium, just amazing work.

Hi I am just planning out a similar set-up. May I ask what kind of substrate and how deep you are making it for the seagrass? Do you have any sub-gravel filtration(!) or any miracle mud? This is such a nice tank.
The substrate for my seagrasses is just regular Philippine sea sand at a depth of 4-5cm, and I use a gardening granular slow-release fertilizer in the bottom sand

How Deep is your sandbed on your Seagrass Aquarium, what is it composition “grades,” of sand. I grow Macro Algae with a Deep Multi-grade sand bed, from Sugar Sand to Reef Rubble. I’ve had no luck with Different Sea Grasses from Florida.

How Deep is your sandbed on your Seagrass Aquarium, what is it composition “grades,” of sand. I grow Macro Algae with a Deep Multi-grade sand bed, from Sugar Sand to Reef Rubble. I’ve had no luck with Different Sea Grasses from Florida.
I don't understand the name of my sand, we usually call it Philippine sand, it should be mainly shells with coral detritus, and the depth of the sand is about 4-5cm. i have also tried different sizes of sand, and seagrasses can grow in all of them. I think it's possible that your cause is not enough nutrients, macroalgae can absorb nutrients from the water, while seagrasses may absorb more through their root system

Back