My seagrass tank

willychen

I am a Chinese aquarium enthusiast, I started farming seagrass two years ago. However, there are very few aquarium players who breed seagrass in China, so I accidentally saw many people interested in seagrass in this forum, and I hope to communicate and learn from you. If you like my tank or you have any questions, welcome to tell me, this will be my motivation to update
(PS:My English is very bad, I mostly use translation software, I hope you can forgive )
海草床.jpg

No need to apologize for the language barrier. We all share the same hobby and interest, so we’re all friends😀

Very nice tank, would love to see more pictures.

That’s pretty awesome! What fish are you planning?
The fish that have been kept now are: Foxface(Siganus vulpinus), Japan surgeonfish(Acanthurus japonicus), Orchid dottyback(Pseudochromis fridmani), Whitetail dascyllus(Dascyllus aruanus)*2, Bluestreak cleaner wrasse(Labroides dimidiatus), (Pomacentrus sp.)*2, Banggai cardinal fish
(Pterapogon kauderni), Pajama cardinalfish(Sphaeramia nematoptera)*2, Yellow prawn-goby(Cryptocentrus cinctus).
I know these fish are not enough to fill the tank, and I have considered adding more fish, but I have to make sure the added fish do not eat the coral and seagrass.

Your tank is amazing. That is really cool that some of the seagrasses are making flowers. I really wanted shoal or turtle seagrass to grow in my tank but did not have any luck. So I am settling for growing ornamental macroalgae which is more successful in my tank. I wish you good luck and this will be a fun tank to watch progress.

Your tank is amazing. That is really cool that some of the seagrasses are making flowers. I really wanted shoal or turtle seagrass to grow in my tank but did not have any luck. So I am settling for growing ornamental macroalgae which is more successful in my tank. I wish you good luck and this will be a fun tank to watch progress.
Thank you for your support, I want to try aquarium farming without bottom of the tank and protein separator, just using thick sand and seagrass.

Hi I am just planning out a similar set-up. May I ask what kind of substrate and how deep you are making it for the seagrass? Do you have any sub-gravel filtration(!) or any miracle mud? This is such a nice tank.

Back