Western_reefers 28 gallon Nano-Cube HQI diary.

Hey Moses. I dont have my NC28 anymore, but I am still subscribed to a few nice tank thread like yours...

Your tank is cominh along really nicely. Its going to look awesome once the corals are fully grown. Keep up the good work.

PS, can you summarise in some detail what you did to battle excess nutrients?

Thanks.

Hey Moses. I dont have my NC28 anymore, but I am still subscribed to a few nice tank thread like yours...

Your tank is cominh along really nicely. Its going to look awesome once the corals are fully grown. Keep up the good work.

PS, can you summarise in some detail what you did to battle excess nutrients?

Thanks.

Thanks! :D

Well, I didn't feed the tank a whole lot, I do weekly 25% (7 gallon) water changes, run GFO, Carbon, a Tunze 9002 Skimmer, small fuge in the back chamber, and I blow off the rocks with a power head right before I do my weekly waterchanges. :) Hope this helped. :)

Here are a few pictures that I took a few days ago. :)

Blenny
2ho8nyp.jpg

2n15id2.jpg

Gorgonian
11ht990.jpg

Chalice
1zguvcj.jpg

35ir8ef.jpg

Acans
fzbw2w.jpg

219rpj8.jpg

Crappy FTS that I took a few minutes ago. :) (large browned out sps in the middle isnt mine, its my friends, saved it from his tank when it started to RTN, but its starting to heal back up/grow :) )
105wnqt.jpg

Very nice tank. This inspired me to get back into the hobby and pick up a 28G HQI today!

Unfortunately, the kit I bought from the LFS does not include a skimmer. What skimmer are you using on yours?

Very nice tank. This inspired me to get back into the hobby and pick up a 28G HQI today!

Unfortunately, the kit I bought from the LFS does not include a skimmer. What skimmer are you using on yours?

Thanks! Wow! That's awesome!! :-D

I'm using a Tunze 9002 Skimmer. It fits perfectly into the back middle chamber, you just need to carefully saw off the magnet that's on the side. (you can find several threads around here on how to take the magnet off)

*Edit* Also, don't forget to post a build diary thread when you set it up! :)

Last edited:
Here are a bunch of before and after FTS's. Tell me what you think! :)
12/23/2010
idwr55.jpg

01/01/2011
1zyvjww.jpg

01/09/2011
qrntj8.jpg

02/04/2011
10h0m8h.jpg

02/14/2011
5wmatg.jpg

03/07/2011
206fzb6.jpg

(watch the browned out Jedi Mind Trick Monti grow and color up :) )
03/21/2011
260yf61.jpg

05/28/2011
js2jwk.jpg

06/09/2011
105wnqt.jpg

06/20/2011 (Today)
2u5gdol.jpg

Nice! I used to have one of those bubble corals in my first ever reef tank. They sure do have a mighty sting and long sweeper tentacles - so keep a watch on it!

Nice! I used to have one of those bubble corals in my first ever reef tank. They sure do have a mighty sting and long sweeper tentacles - so keep a watch on it!

Thanks! Yup, its in the corner of the nano all by itself, pretty far from all other corals. :)

Back