Western_reefers 28 gallon Nano-Cube HQI diary.

My Tunze 9002 skimmer is getting better and better, its starting to pull out more and darker gunk everyday. :) I also changed out the carbon/GFO today, added half a cup of the ROX carbon and 40 grams of GFO. The hair algae is slowly going away. :)

Here's a couple of links I was able to find to the skimmer on Ebay. Remember you will have to get a converter to change the voltage if you order this one from China:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOYU-JAD-Aquari...506?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0e1d407a

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOYU-Aquarium-1...6?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item255d16d240

If you want to avoid the converter and purchase it in the US, you will pay a little bit more but have the comfort of knowing you can call someone (or return the product) if you have a problem.

http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaEuro..._Skimmers-AquaEuroUSA-ED3313-FIPSHONW-vi.html

It appears a couple of people have gone the Ebay route with the converter and have not had any trouble. Your choice.

and those are going to fit in the skimmer chamber? also is the converter to just change the outlet, im kinda dumb when it comes to that stuff.

and those are going to fit in the skimmer chamber? also is the converter to just change the outlet, im kinda dumb when it comes to that stuff.

It is the same skimmer as the one from MarineDepot but sold under a different name apparently. Regarding the converter, it is to convert the voltage down so you can plug it into a standard outlet here in the US. You may want to go the MarineDepot route if you are not comfortable with what you need to convert voltage if you can afford it.

I'm patiently waiting for mine, they shipped out on Monday so I should get in 2 weeks. The converter is to step-up the voltage from 110v to 220v. The plug actually looks the same as US.

Here is a FTS that I took 20 min ago, I'll try to take a better FTS tomorrow.
206fzb6.jpg

I can already see it coming back to its former glory :) What kind of eel are you planning for? Btw a good mexican turbo snail can take oiut al that green hair algae in about a week. I have 2 for my 29 and they are just the hardest little workers.

I can already see it coming back to its former glory :) What kind of eel are you planning for? Btw a good mexican turbo snail can take oiut al that green hair algae in about a week. I have 2 for my 29 and they are just the hardest little workers.

:D Idk yet... trying to make up my mind lol I've got 4 mexican turbo snails and they are pretty slowish lol

Also, I saved up enough money to get a EcoTech Marine MP10 Vortech Propeller Pump w/ EcoSMART Driver!! Woot! :bounce1::bounce1::bounce1:

Well, I've got some good news!!! I ordered a EcoTech Marine MP10 Vortech Propeller Pump w/ EcoSMART Driver from Marine Depot today! WOOT!! :D:D:D

Well, I got my EcoTech Marine MP10 Vortech Propeller Pump w/ EcoSMART Driver! Its been running for several hours and so far so good! Here are a few pictures.
n1ph5k.jpg

16giuqp.jpg

Just curious, but what is the noise level for this pump. I was thinking of getting one for my nano but i hear d that they were rather loud and my tank is in my room. Also do you just have it on constant or will you set it to wave or such?

Just curious, but what is the noise level for this pump. I was thinking of getting one for my nano but i hear d that they were rather loud and my tank is in my room. Also do you just have it on constant or will you set it to wave or such?

When its at 60% or lower, you pretty much don't hear it, but when it hits 100%, you can definitely hear it. I have it set on Reef Crest Mode.

Back