Westy Petco

smellslikeTUNA

Just ran over to the petco off 88th in Westminster to get some more cat food and checked out there fish while I was there. I'm no expert, but everything looked fairly healthy and they had quite a good variety of fish and even some decent looking frags. Anyone ever gotten livestock from there before?

I've never been to this petco but overall, petco's are a hit and miss. Some are good, others are really bad. I've seen good ones - one day, then a few months later see everything in disarray. Depends on thier employees/management at the time for the most part.

All fish come from the Ocean, unless they are tank raised.

Look at all the fish/coral to get an idea if someone at the store knows what they are doing. Pay close attention to the lighting of the corals (are they getting the correct amount?)

Ask a few questions and see the fish eat before purchase.

Lastly cheap fish/corals are not cheap if you have to buy many to get a healthy specimen that thrives in your tank.

update on the petco.
Went in there yesterday for something (maybe cat food?) anyways ended up staring at the fish section. Everything was in disarray and many fish seemed highly stressed. Many of the frags in their "frag tank" were turning white and many had fallen over. Makes me feel bad to see these creatures have to live like that :( they had a beautiful lionfish that was being harassed constantly by all of the snails and hermits they had in the little tank... sigh....

Back