what can i keep in here

Shady Reefer

im starting a simple 10 g tank , 10g sump w/ overkill skimmer/ refugium/ 96w coralife pc's.and plenty of flow.
it will be an aquatic garden ..no fish just sps,zoo's, and clean up crew.
question is is this enough light to do most sps, or even a clam ...basically is there anything i should stay away from
thanks

well its 9.6 watts per gallon ..wich is a good ratio . And most will be within 10 in of light. Should be enough for most sps from my experience ......other opinions ?

that watts per gallon isnt all too correct...

its just that i guess pc light out put is intense enough for sps

i ran the same tank for a while and didnt have luck.. just a monti at the very top

Give it a shot. I use to keep sps in a 10g with a a 2x 40w 6500k GE PC bulb equivalent to a 150w regular bulb. Color might be terribe but they will grow. Just keep them high up. This included high light species such as the aquadelight. This was just a holding tank though, and corals was just there for a few months.
My only concern is with lack of fish, the corals might starve.

Get the bulbs with the built in reflectors to replace what you have in the fixture, with pristine water conditions and flow they should be fine. I would not try a clam but acro's monti's and acans shouldn't be an issue.

Give it a shot. I use to keep sps in a 10g with a a 2x 40w 6500k GE PC bulb equivalent to a 150w regular bulb. Color might be terribe but they will grow. Just keep them high up. This included high light species such as the aquadelight. This was just a holding tank though, and corals was just there for a few months. My only concern is with lack of fish, the corals might starve.
no fish = no fish food = easier to keep water pristine in my opinion ?...will be using additives to feed... plus theres still lots of small animals doing there thing ..lol will occasionally throw the crabs a scallop or something to eat.. but its my impression most sps feed more through photosynthesis than filtering....am i way off on this one....do i need a couple fish ??

In the past I always had a fairly heavy load in my previous tank, however in my current nano I have been searching for the perfect CB angel and just now found it, my corals all showed quite a bit of growth and I have not fed(only adding reef complete). In the short term it is not an issue, however I would tend to believe that over the long term it would not be healthy.

Back